General 1st National Panday 4x4 - Peak District

Currently reading:
General 1st National Panday 4x4 - Peak District

52 On the road , 114 SORN

Sorry Andy, I did misunderstood you completely. "is a record?" read as "is on records"?

But any way 52 on road how many will be at this meeting?

Last edited:
How many Sisleys together in the UK is a record?

I've never seen more than 2 or 3 at any show that I can think of, we should have 7 coming by my reckoning looking at the list!

If anyone who does not fancy camping at the meeting point and wants to know where best to stay I'd recommend the Premier Inn in Leek as being your best bet, it is around 5 miles from the meet point, has recently opened and you know exactly what you are getting.

The B&B that is around a mile away that I was going to recommend is unfortunately fully booked for our chosen weekend, however there are a couple of others within a similar distance, I have no experience of these ones but if anyone wants the details do let me know. The meeting point is in the village of Cheddleton if anyone wants to have a look for somewhere themselves.

Just so I have some idea how many people are planning on camping?

All I can say is I hope its not too wet, we might have some fun and games getting a camper and trailer in and out of the field if it is!

There will be a fully plumbed in latrine available for you to use Andy, so you can leave the spade at home(y):p

Forgot to say that if anyone that is camping wants to come on Friday to save driving on Saturday they are more than welcome:)

Fear not - it's an Iveco, and has diff lock ;)

I was hoping to head down friday after work Freddy cheers :)

Land Rover will be on standby:devil: Heading down on the Friday makes sense to me, no rush and you're not spending all of Saturday driving.

I feel i'm gona miss nice event, sounds well organised as well!

Thanks Jacob, never done anything like this before, but I can hope I can make it a good weekend. A real shame you can't make it:(

I'll take advantage of the camping facilities friday night too though I don't finish work until 7 so I will be a late arrival with my 4 legged +1.

No problem John, aslong as you are able to navigate narrow country lanes and can pitch your tent in the dark you'll be sorted(y)

Just trying to decide what I'm doing! Leaning towards staying Sat night and poss Sunday night, as it will be tiring going back after a full day. Is anyone else staying Sun Eve for a meal, etc? That may help me decide!! Presumably food will be on the agenda for Sat night anyway.

Really, I'm just planning breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all days, plus various snack opportunities. Not that food is top of my list you understand....... ;)

Looks like our Germany trip is from the 15th so we're ok for this (y)

pandamonius_maximus 2&3
panda1408 1,2&3
andyholli 2&3
panda panda 1,2&3
Palio 3, 1 & 2
Aquamarine 1,2&3
Dragon Man 1,2&3
Freebo 1,2&3
AndyPanda4x4 1&3
Most Easterly Pandas 1&3
Keith & Sara 1,2&3
Sam 2&3
Vin
Par
VmanC
Panda Mo

We'll most likely drive up Saturday Morning and drive home Sunday so will only need to camp Saturday night.

Panda Mo asks, "Does the latrine also have a shower?" :rolleyes:

Just trying to decide what I'm doing! Leaning towards staying Sat night and poss Sunday night, as it will be tiring going back after a full day. Is anyone else staying Sun Eve for a meal, etc? That may help me decide!! Presumably food will be on the agenda for Sat night anyway.

Really, I'm just planning breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all days, plus various snack opportunities. Not that food is top of my list you understand....... ;)

There is a plan for a BBQ on Saturday night, I was going to book a pub meal for everyone, but with the number of people we reckon a BBQ will be more straightforward. Going to try and get a large gazebo type thing also so we are covered if the weather turns out bad. If you stay on Sunday night Gavin we will sort something out in the evening(y)

Can you count me in for camping, will do Friday night also :)

Excellent Jon, will put you on the list!

Looks like our Germany trip is from the 15th so we're ok for this (y)

pandamonius_maximus 2&3
panda1408 1,2&3
andyholli 2&3
panda panda 1,2&3
Palio 3, 1 & 2
Aquamarine 1,2&3
Dragon Man 1,2&3
Freebo 1,2&3
AndyPanda4x4 1&3
Most Easterly Pandas 1&3
Keith & Sara 1,2&3
Sam 2&3
Vin
Par
VmanC
Panda Mo

We'll most likely drive up Saturday Morning and drive home Sunday so will only need to camp Saturday night.

Panda Mo asks, "Does the latrine also have a shower?" :rolleyes:

Glad you can make it Vern:) Yes there is a shower(y)

Thats a confirmed 15 cars now then, should make quite a sight for the locals:D

panda1408 is the camping location a proper camp site or just a field? I'm up for Friday night camping too, make more of a weekend of it :)

Just a field owned by us, there will be a water supply and its only a very short walk to the house for the bathroom, although Andy may need to bring his spade after all, otherwise we'll have a queue forming pretty quickly:p

Back