Technical 1998 60S non starter

Currently reading:
Technical 1998 60S non starter

KeithT

This is a bit of a strange one! Car has been unused for a few weeks battery was charged, car started ok taken for short run. This evening it would not start seemed as if battery was flat, but is the same with another battery & with jump leads from a running car. engine barely turns over lights are bright. I tried a tow start no go! dead!
Nothing obvious visually battery leads are clean good contact, haven't had much time for a proper check but engine may be tight? but could move car by pushing in 5th gear engine was turning. will try with plugs out as soon as I can
test meter has come out in sympathy it needs a new battery!!(B******!) so can't test electrically at moment.
Anybody got any ideas don't think starter motor is prob as car won't tow start timing belt is intact by the way.:confused:

When I had a problem with my battery I changed that and a short while afterwards had a problem with the starter motor, the lights on the dash were dim, everytime you tried to start it the car would just click and not even turn over, tried disengaging it by putting car in gear and rocking, it worked a few times from bump start or off another car.

I'd say if the battery is fine, it's probably something to do with the spark, make sure you check leads, plugs, coilpack, use some damp start if the car has been sat for a while draw out any moisture on connections.

Back