General 1997 Punto 55 S Suspension?

Currently reading:
General 1997 Punto 55 S Suspension?

telewestTUM

My car runs fine when only got me in it (Im 11st)

but when i have 4-5 people in and starts to creek and after a while the car starts to drag as if handbrakes on. It then really struggles to get away and with my foot flat floor in 3rd gear it barely goes over 30 and then engine never revs / roars loudly

I think it could be the suspension...what does everyone else think?

Its due MOT in August so i was going to get full service this month and get someone to look into that for me? would it be expensive to replace suspension if thats what it is?

My car runs fine when only got me in it (Im 11st)

but when i have 4-5 people in and starts to creek and after a while the car starts to drag as if handbrakes on. It then really struggles to get away and with my foot flat floor in 3rd gear it barely goes over 30 and then engine never revs / roars loudly

I think it could be the suspension...what does everyone else think?

Its due MOT in August so i was going to get full service this month and get someone to look into that for me? would it be expensive to replace suspension if thats what it is?

Starts to drag? its only a 1.1 mine does that too with 5 adults in it. Its normal. use the higher revs in 2nd. the little fiat engines love revs.

sorry i ment to post that this still occurs once everyones left the car unless its left for over an over empty

with only me in the car it makes a creeking sounds like hand brakes on and pulls away if i put foot to the floor. its defo sometihng up with either suspension or something as it creeks loads when pulling away and the car doesnt rev high even if i put foot flat floor in 3rd gear it wont get near 40.....luckily its only happened when ive been close to home and only on street roads

im due to chnage work place and itsd 20 mile journey and dont want this happening to or from work

Last edited:
if i take it to a garage would they know what was up with it? what it fail MOT for that which you mentioned rallycing

^ Do what he said and try and limit the amount of people in the car. Even my 75 punto struggles to pull around 5 mildly big people.

haha i had 4 mates in the car with me, the fat 3 ****ers were in the back, the exhaust sparks probably made people think i stuck a firework somewhere underneath lol

Back