Technical 1996 Petrol 1.1L Manual 55 SX / 4000RPM

Currently reading:
Technical 1996 Petrol 1.1L Manual 55 SX / 4000RPM

sgm1986

Good Afternoon guys,

Newbie to the fiat fourm, i personally own a '78 mini, but my step dad has not long had his hands on a '96 Mk1 Punto 55 SX, ever since hes had it it always seems to lack power from what you would expect from a, that we thought we had sorted as a sticky brake pad had seemed to be the culprit, but it still seemed slugish and we just left it n thought it could just be the car as it was still running ok,

Normally when at idle its running around 900rpm, sometimes it used to bounce slightly around 900, The last few days however when you now put your foot to the floor and keep it there it only goes upto 4000rpm n bounces between there and 4500rpm, ive searched all over google/fourms and i read a MAF sensor could be to blame but i then realized they dont have this on this model of punto, so i took the air box off cleaned the throttle body up as it looked slightly oily deposits, also changed spark plugs (slightly dusty n brown) and HT leads why it was out, leads to 1,4,3,2 on the coil top to bottom,

Anyone have any ideas to why this could be happening? would be great to get the full power back and revs back to normal.:confused:

• only other outstanding problem, fuel light flickers, so im presuming its the faulty float/sensor in the tank

Back