image37.jpeg

Bravo 150 T-jet Sport, Maseratti Blue, 18 Inch Alloys

Introduction

So I've upgrade my 120 t-jet Bravo with a 150 T-jet Bravo in beautiful Maserati blue with upgraded 18 inch alloys. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm thoroughly in love with it. Late 2009 and in absolutely prestine condition.

Modification thus far are:

HID's
Led sidelights
Wind deflectors
Dump valve
Bravo Enthusiasts decal (if you haven't joined already. you should, just search Facebook for "Bravo Enthusiasts")

Here's some pictures:

Hey Mathew...

Congratts on the awesome car mate - wheels looks the bomb!!!! glad you peeps had a good turn out and get together at Auto Italia..

Im jealous that you have so many Bravo enthusiasts in your Forum who are able to get together - here in South Africa are only a handful Bravo owners...:bang:

Keep the mods coming... ( I have some news on my mods soon soon...)

Be safe:cool:

So a lot has happened with the car over the last few months. ive given the suspension an overhaul and added 16 hubcentric spacers. Replaced the wishbones because of worn bushes and fitted Eibach pro kit Springs. And the car feels awesome in the bends now.

Cosmetically I had to remove the eyelids off the headlights because the paint failed on the plastics. In doing so I destroyed my headlights and had to order new ones. I ordered OEM replica's from eBay which looked amazing but were absolutely terrible. I had one side that had no high beam because there's wasn't a clip for the bulb, another had a faulty indicator. A good friend helped me out and replaced the one without an indicator for me with one he had in his garage. And I got a refund on it. I then contacted seller about the one without a high beam and they sent me a replacement with a broken sidelight!:bang: luckily the same friend had ordered facelift headlights. And very geboirously gave me his other light to get me on the path. So I've tinted those now and plan to leave them alone.

Then disaster, I found a massive amount of water in my drivers footwell. Coming from behind the dashboard and after a week of looking and testing deemed it to be a badly fitted windscreen which I had replaced about 2 weeks after I bought the car. Luckily Autoglass have been pretty good and have replaced windscreen for free and stopped the leak. Even better they're paying for a professional company to come out and thoroughly rid the car of any sitting water and moisture including a full clean of the car inside.

Car is now pretty good. It flew through its MOT and has just had a massive service and is running beautifully. In the next few weeks I plan on upgrading tyres and the car will finally be where I want it to be. Next year I can safely start on the real performance mods. And get this beauty purring (y)

Here's a picture after a good wash yesterday :D

Click picture for full resolution

Wow looks like you've had a busy few weeks! :eek: glad to see the car looks tip top even after all that. I think most people would've thrown the towel in so good work (y)

There's lots to be said about repo parts that look amazing but it's a classic case isn't it? of buying cheap parts. I guess there's a reason there cheap. On some things (but not all I must say) OEM is the only way to go :eek:

Wow looks like you've had a busy few weeks! :eek: glad to see the car looks tip top even after all that. I think most people would've thrown the towel in so good work (y)

There's lots to be said about repo parts that look amazing but it's a classic case isn't it? of buying cheap parts. I guess there's a reason there cheap. On some things (but not all I must say) OEM is the only way to go :eek:
Funny you should say that. I was very close to giving up. Especially with how well I treat my cars. It seems every time I did something it flagged up another problem. Tried to replace headlights. Ended up going through 3 different sets, I fix that issue and decide to Add 16mm spacers and Eibach springs. In doing so found wishbone bushes were basically none existent. Then I replace the wishbones to find the massive leak. Etc

And in that post I didn't even mention the boot respray I had to have done because the paint chipped on the corner. then after I had that fixed, 2 weeks later someone dented my drivers door whilst I was on holiday so I had to get that fixed and resprayed too.

To be honest this car has cost me a fortune and I'd like to think that many would have given up by now. Or left the damaged items. But when you love a car you can't help it.

But alas I'm now in a situation where the car really is good. It needs nothing else and I don't plan to mess with anything until the summer now (except the tyres as mentioned). It feels nice to have a car that is perfect.

This is not a good news post. Unfortunately I must announce that Rocky Bal-Bravo my Italian Stalion has been written off. The end of the road has come for him. Whilst incredibly sad about this as I absolutely loved this car more than any car before it, it is also the reason I'm alive to type this now.

On Friday 28th October I lost control on a national speed limit, country road whereby i thoroughly misjudged a bend in the road causing me to catch the curb at quite high speed damaging the steering and causing me to violently bounce off and swerve across the road. It hit a tree stump with enough momentum to lift the car and flip me many times before eventually coming to rest on its drivers side. All airbags and safety devices triggered and saved my life. And with adrenaline pumping through my veins I actually pulled myself from the car through the passenger window. Emergency services were called by my brother who had been following in his car as I'd just shown him a location he needed to get to the next day. This was the site that greeted them

Ambulance, fire and police were at the scene in less than a few minutes and treated me and recovered the car. I was shortly taken to hospital with blue lights and sirens as I was in severe pain with my back. (The airbag had also smashed my face in and I had a broken nose but that was the least of my worries). It turns out i had fractured my spine. Lumbar spine number one to be precise (L1 vertebrae). It's now been over a week and I walked out of hospital yesterday albeit with a back brace and some help. And my recovery is expected to take a fair few months.

Insurance are paying out on the car (valued at £3,390). They have retrieved it but Allowed my brother to visit the wreck in storage to recover my personal belongings. These are photos he took

The car has been declared a Catergory A write off with no surprise and has probably already been crushed by now. Ambulance and fire crews have told me I'm one unbelievably lucky guy, not just to get myself out of the car but to even be alive and actually praised the vehicles safety. They tell me that as they pulled up they were expecting a lengthy process of cutting me out of the car. I am one very lucky boy and whilst I will spend many months in recovery and pain I'm thankful to the car for saving my life.

I absolutely loved this car as anyone who knows me will tell you. I spared no expense with it and mechanically and visually it was perfect. Sentimentally I'll always remember this car and look back in fondness for it. But it was a piece of metal at the end of the day that did its job in saving and preserving my life.

Now onto better news. Whilst the insurance pay out was nowhere near what I expected. with money I've saved for rainy days I am already able to purchase a new car on monday. The criteria set for buying my new car have changed severely from when I bought Rocky. And all I want now is good looking, economic, cheap to run and most of all SAFE car. And with that being said it had to be Fiat. So on Monday I will be buying this beautiful 2012 Punto with the well praised 870cc TwinAir engine. It has a lot of extra features both styling and options. Including 17inch shadow wheels, gloss black roof and mirrors, privacy glass, parking sensors, duel climate control, centre arm rest and blue and me. It is also in the beautiful green colour for which I am yet to find the name of.

So yes. A very sad post but with silver linings of a father who gets to see his daughter and wife again. And In a few months time I will be able to get back behind the wheel of a car. Those that own/thinking about buying a Bravo and have worries about safety, shouldn't.

So yes. PLEASE Stay safe people. It's not just your car you can lose.

So sorry to hear about the crash mate.. Swift told me the other day and I'm glad you're OK and as you said it's just a piece of metal but what a piece of metal it was not just in looks but also evidently in safety.
Good look with your punto mate and drive carefully ?

One less Tjet sport on the road which makes them rarer. It also proves as a safe car in a severe crash. I was looking at a modern punto to replace my stilo but realy feel we need another alternative from fiat . . . 4 wheel drive preferably.

Nice colour that one. Mines Midnight blue it also seems pearlescent in bright light but Fiat only sell some mismatching paint as a touch up which brasses me off.

Mine is a diesel, and I have to say I hanker for a bit more get up and go. The diesel does have 229lb/ft torque though so cruises well and is good on fuel. £30 tax too. Just getting my own back here for being overtaken!!!

For those interested that Punto was walking disaster so many little problems I found within 10 minutes of seeing it I decided against it. Instead I've gone for a 2010 Honda Civic, Type S, V-tec. Only 37,800 on the clock and very clean inside. Outside needs some TLC. But I've already started and it's already looking better.

Friend bought Civic 2008. 1.8 140HP. Im not impressed with those HP, i didnt "feel" them in driving.
He drove my 120hp t-jet and said that goes much, much better
Oh yeah for sure this one goes nothing like my Bravo did. My Bravo would have eaten it for dinner using only 3rd gear. But it's comfortable, drives nicely, reliable etc, I'm very happy with it. I'm will be a good car for a few years to let me get my savings behind me again and bring my no claims up.

Back