General 13 inch tyres

Currently reading:
General 13 inch tyres

Wee Smurf

Yellow is the way to go!
I'm still on my Winter wheels at the minute but will need new tyres for my summer alloys before I can put them on again. There isn't really that much choice when it comes to 13 inch tyres. I'm planning to choose between the usual Continental EcoContact3 or Michelin Energy E3B-1. Just wondering if anyone has used the Michelins for their opinion on performance, wear, etc.

They are both good ecotyres - when the time comes to change mine, I plan on giving the Michelin's a try, mainly because they are usually a good deal at Costco (about £200 a set fitted & balanced).

I have the Michelins on my Panda MJ and they are certainly good, having very low rolling resistance and grip that belies their modest width. Road noise is quite pronounced, but that's probably a fact of life with any tyre on a Panda.

I would never use cheap tyres on my car as that's what you rely on to keep your car on the road. At least with small tyres like those on the Panda, they're cheap enough to buy. We can get all four tyres new for the price of one on some other cars, so it's well worth paying that little bit extra. The problem with living in Northern Ireland is that the likes of My Tyres will charge £10 a corner for delivery so I usually just pick the tyres I want and then have to phone around to see where I can get them at a decent price. Some places will try to sell you something else, but I kind of make my mind up and then stick to it. Think I'll try the Michelins this time. Just need to wait on pay day first...

I've been using Continentals for years now and wont have anything else.Every budget tyre I've tried has been lethal.My last car was a Skoda Fabia which at 15000 miles came with two recent budgets on the front and it just would'nt go round corners it was hellish,replaced with Contis and it was transformed.But having to replace them every 12000 meant it was'nt long before returning to Fiat!

Back