General 1242 turbo update

Currently reading:
General 1242 turbo update

get red bulbs, you wont find another set of those lights for sale anytime soon, in 3-4 years of owning cinqs i saw 1 set come up for sale and bought them :p

will have a standard MR2 intercooler going spare in a few weeks ;) :D

ye i thought about the re bulbs cheers and i though as much about the lights i cant find them anywhere myself and there a nice looking light to haha, what is the intercooler like? the punto GT cooler seems to be of an ideal size and design to fit on easy so if its of simalar size then give me a PM with more details if you decide to get rid thanks ;)

jason :)

The coupe ones are brilliant. My brother fitted a huge pace one to the front of his intercooler. He never got it to run anywhere near as efficient as his standard coop one.

Luke.

Im using the punto gt ic and its ok i guess id rather use the coupe ic if i had the choice but new ic are going for around 80quid on e bay i thinks

hi everyone again im back with some bad news,,,,,,im having bad luck with the little cinqy this last week or so, i have three brand new tyres punctured (one needs replacing) the internal wiper arm has broke on the wipers, my exhaust is knocking the underside of the car to bits, the cam cover gasket split spilling oil all over the drive,an engine mouting snapped for the second time this month!!, the clutch cable snapped at midnite leaving me stuck in the car all night, a boost pipe blew off leaving me with very lttle go and my much hated fueling problem has come back where the car will run weak under light throttle making the car brake then jump into life as its goes rich again (only happens off boost) and on a motorway at 70 under steady acceleration the boost will surge up and down 1-2psi :confused:
the car has had a new lambda, a new map sensor, a new coolant temp sensor, swapped injector, new plugs and leads and yet the car still behaves stangely from time to time with the fueling,,,,,,,any more ideas???

on the plus side the little headaches earnt enough to drown out the fun of the car :D (which is doing a great job of drqaining my wallet of evry penny)

jason :rolleyes:

ow great yes, if you can give me some details that would be great thanks ;)

Only just read this, I will if i remember measure it this weekend.

As for fueling, best getting it along to a r/r to get it checked out.

you could try to increase the pressure on the inbuilt regultor inside the throttle body, small wax covered Allen bolt at front turn 180degrees clock wise to give slight increase, though best with pressure gauge fitted UPSTREAM of regulator (i.e throttle body) to measure it, get it set to 1.2 bar on idle.

Aaron.

my exhaust is knocking the underside of the car to bits, the cam cover gasket split spilling oil all over the drive,an engine mouting snapped for the second time this month!!,
Which one? If it's the gearbox one, it's worthwhile checking you've not fitted it upside down (shiny side goes up) and that the mounting bracket isn't cracked, also check the other mounts. The exhaust banging is probably down to a knackered mount.
the clutch cable snapped at midnite leaving me stuck in the car all night, a boost pipe blew off leaving me with very lttle go and my much hated fueling problem has come back where the car will run weak under light throttle making the car brake then jump into life as its goes rich again (only happens off boost) and on a motorway at 70 under steady acceleration the boost will surge up and down 1-2psi :confused:

The fuelling issue may be to do with the MAP. Best bet is to run the MAPs on seperate pipes (no T-ing). The boost surge, well, do you still have that that mechanical boost controller attached? Look at that first (i.e. take it off), then at the actuator. as for the clutch cable, well, if it does it again (carry a spare) it's new clutch time (go for the flywheel and clutch from a Panda 100hp).

on the plus side the little headaches earnt enough to drown out the fun of the car :D (which is doing a great job of drqaining my wallet of evry penny)

jason :rolleyes:

They are like that. Stick with it. Greatness is just around the corner.;)

As for the waste of space who posted earlier, my guess he's 15, full of acne, and very jealous!

Last edited:
about the mount, make sure all the bolts are tight. i thought mine were and came to drop the engine out, found 1 missing and one loose:bang: in the same mount

Which one? If it's the gearbox one, it's worthwhile checking you've not fitted it upside down (shiny side goes up) and that the mounting bracket isn't cracked, also check the other mounts. The exhaust banging is probably down to a knackered mount.

The fuelling issue may be to do with the MAP. Best bet is to run the MAPs on seperate pipes (no T-ing). The boost surge, well, do you still have that that mechanical boost controller attached? Look at that first (i.e. take it off), then at the actuator. as for the clutch cable, well, if it does it again (carry a spare) it's new clutch time (go for the flywheel and clutch from a Panda 100hp).

They are like that. Stick with it. Greatness is just around the corner.;)

As for the waste of space who posted earlier, my guess he's 15, full of acne, and very jealous!

sorry only just read this thankyou for the reply very greatful for the advise, starting with the map sensor ive just been told today about not T piecing it so im going to use the 2 spare vac pipes on the back oy my 40mm tb for the dump valve and the MF2 leaving the map sensor to have its own undesterbed pipe, and the engine mouting is now ok, ive just had fitted a bigger bore decat exhaust which has been made to clear the antiroll bar and the underside of the car so thats spot on now (y), i dont have the mechanical controller on there anymore the greddy has been connected and working for some time now but i need some time to set it up properly as there are alot of settings for controlling the boost so i need to fine tune them abit, i think that may cure the surge, and as for the clutch,,,,,well once the new head is on and the compression lowred etc the box is coming out for the bigger clutch ;)

jason :)

also about that decat big bore exhaust,,,,,,,,its worth mensioning that its the second best thing ive done to the car!! since the throttle body, having the exhaust done has made such a noticable difference, the power increase and more importantly the torque is amazing seen as the old exhaust was squashed bent and restrictive,,its even given another 1psi of boost too!! :D
making me a very happy chappy seen as something has gone right recently haha
(y)

Any chance of pics of the exhaust in the ARB area, as this is something I've been puzzling about and really need to resolve before I put hacksaw to titanium. What size did you go for in the end?

ill take a picture asap and post it up on this thread ;)
the pipe is 2" indiameter from the turbo right upto the powerflow back box which was on the car before, the bloke who did the exhaust made nice smooth flowing bends and it fits really well for the size of the pipe, worth all 140 quid that it cost me as its free'd up some very nice torque and it sounds really nice with a very powerful japanese car exhaust note :)

jason

Back