General 100Hp at Blyton Park

Currently reading:
General 100Hp at Blyton Park

bazman

I had a go ta a sprint practice at Blyton park in my 100HP. I thought it did quite well on the track.

Good illustration of how much a LSD would help - inside front wheel seemed to be spinning half the time. Were you taking it to the rev limiter in every gear?

I was pulling up to 6900 in each gear. The tires are toyo T1R's. I think most fwd cars would benefit from a lsd when on the track.

Had a proper watch now. I reckon that there's a lot more understeer compared to mine, there's a couple of corners where it really doesn't want to turn in. Is it standard dampers / springs as well?

I think you could make up a chunk of time at the back straight chicane.

Its on standard suspension. What spec is yours. It didnt feel that understeery on the track. I was at maximum round most of it. It set times faster that most cars that day.

However less understeer means more speed! What tires etc are you running.

However less understeer means more speed! What tires etc are you running.

I'm using Vredestein Sportrac 3s, and I like them a lot. Very predictable on turn-in and good in the wet. I used Toyos on a previous car and didn't really like them plus they wore quickly. They seriously scared me a couple of times in the wet, and I didn't get another set.

I'm using Vredestein Sportrac 3s, and I like them a lot. Very predictable on turn-in and good in the wet. I used Toyos on a previous car and didn't really like them plus they wore quickly. They seriously scared me a couple of times in the wet, and I didn't get another set.

Yes - I really like my Sportrac 3s in all conditions - I think they're particularly good on damp, rather than wet, surfaces, where modern compounds can feel very odd. They're not noisy but they also sing nicely - giving good aural feedback of what's occurring at the road.

Back