Technical 1.9dt wont engage 1st or 2nd propperly

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9dt wont engage 1st or 2nd propperly

bungi

Hi All,
I bought a 1996 Ulysse 1.9tds this week that had a disintegrated clutch. I've fitted a new one and replaced the clutch cable with one that has a manual adjuster but still have two problems. Firstly the free play disappears within a few miles so the biting point gets lower and lower to the floor and secondly 1st and 2nd gears are vey difficult to select. The gearlever goes into the relevant position but there is nothing there most of the time, as though there is lost movement. The vertical selector shaft in the top of the gearbox seems to be a sloppy fit. Can anyone suggest remedies? Are these common failure points?
plus as the local parts shop sold me the wrong clutch cable because iv read somewhere that they sould have an adjuster in the cable am i right?
im getting a bit desparate as i need the car in 2 weeks to get to the air port for the family holiday.
any help will be greatly apreciated thanks john

hi everyone found out what was wrong with the car,gearbox caputt,the selector shaft going into the box was bent,plus the linkage was a complete mess and the gear lever had been welded for some reason
so i have replaced box and linkage and the gear lever and put the proper clutch cable on and is now purfect:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back