Technical 1.9 Starter motor access

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 Starter motor access

Greasytrucker

Established member
Anybody tell me if the starter on a 1.9 multijet is changed from underneath as can’t seem to get to bottom bolt from the top. It’s actually on a Sedici not a Doblo but obviously it’s a common engine on the Doblo and the Sedici section isn’t very well supported. Any help or pointers appreciated!

Anybody tell me if the starter on a 1.9 multijet is changed from underneath as can’t seem to get to bottom bolt from the top. It’s actually on a Sedici not a Doblo but obviously it’s a common engine on the Doblo and the Sedici section isn’t very well supported. Any help or pointers appreciated!
I have had some 1.9 Doblos in past but couldn't remember, but looking at this gearbox it shows bottom starter thread from lower starter side.
Just above bellhousing nut.
1703781036852.png

Sadly no, plus all the wires.:(
Yes, wires and selector cables are right in the way. Have removed battery and tray and as i said have managed to slacken top bolt but bottom bolt no hope. Can just get my fingers on it if I reach round but that’s about it. Hands are cut to ribbons and I’ve had enough for today! 😠

Yes, wires and selector cables are right in the way. Have removed battery and tray and as i said have managed to slacken top bolt but bottom bolt no hope. Can just get my fingers on it if I reach round but that’s about it. Hands are cut to ribbons and I’ve had enough for today! 😠
Glad I am retired, had enough of working outdoors with rain pouring down my neck.;)

Glad I am retired, had enough of working outdoors with rain pouring down my neck.;)
That’s why I moved to a bungalow with a garage 18 months ago as I too am fed up with the weather dictating when I repair my cars……….only thing is it’s still full of crap from the house move so I can’t get a car in there yet, so I’m still in the same boat as i was. The joys eh! 🤣

Well it’s been swapped…..and I could honestly say i’d do time if i met the person in the street that decided to put that engine in that car, obviously wasn’t designed to be easily worked on! Definitely turning over faster than it was but still not what i’d call starting on the button. I would use it for a few days to see if it’s usable but now the Alternator has decided to pack up! 🤦‍♂️ Im not surprised as it’s always had a funny chirp since I’ve owned it, now the chirp is gone but I have a battery light. Gonna check all the fuses tomorrow just in case, and also need to get a new battery for my multimeter so i can check the voltages. On with the next job! 😆

Well it’s been swapped…..and I could honestly say i’d do time if i met the person in the street that decided to put that engine in that car, obviously wasn’t designed to be easily worked on! Definitely turning over faster than it was but still not what i’d call starting on the button. I would use it for a few days to see if it’s usable but now the Alternator has decided to pack up! 🤦‍♂️ Im not surprised as it’s always had a funny chirp since I’ve owned it, now the chirp is gone but I have a battery light. Gonna check all the fuses tomorrow just in case, and also need to get a new battery for my multimeter so i can check the voltages. On with the next job! 😆
I think that goes for most vehicles these days, when I started Mk1 Ford Cortinas were popular, you could lean over the bonnet and have the starter out in minutes and if you carried on, engine out soon after as all the bolts could be reached easily including the 7/16th holding the tin plate on at the bottom, two or three spanners and a straight screwdriver and job was done. These days it takes longer than that to remove the air cleaner on some vehicles.:(

Back