Technical 1.6 Multijet

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 Multijet

Hexaforce

Hi!

My plan first.. and a question at the bottom.

Just bought this car and except from thorough cleaning and minor rust spot fixes and usual oil and various filter changes I have these planned fix/upgrades:

New 75amp exide battery with new ground cable.
New rear wiper.(broken spline)
New motor cover (missing)
New trunk carpet (missing)
New left mirror lower cover (missing)
New windshield (cracked)(covered by insurance)
Repair/modify ashtray to a lid in front of obd2.
Fix seat release mechanism driver side(left)

Scanned for codes and the only ones where 3 related codes for parking assist module.. so I have to look into that.
(Used Thinkdiag2)

Another issue is that even if I wait for glow plugs to warm before starting I think it has a long crank.. 4-5 seconds.. is that normal?

//Robert

Some things sorted/booked..
New 65amp battery bought.
New windshield repair ordered
DEFA heater with cable assembly bought

Cold start much quicker now.. probably the car has been stored for some time..

I found a discrepancy between the cluster mileage and the ECU.. and the speedometer and the temp gage does not reset to zero but much lower, which results in speed shown is much lower than normal.
(I know it should read some % under)
Live wheel sensor data seems to be ok.

I saw there was a correlation function in the scantool maybe that can fix the issue?

Not really much I can add to this. I have the brand new battery I bought for mine still but the 65amps is not the CCA value and so I can't tell you if the battery you have is the right one. If the car has stop start like mine did you obviously need the right battery for the stop start system.

The mileage discrepancy is possibly a major issue in the history of the car or possibly nothing at all, depends how big that mileage discrepancy is. But there is no need nor requirement to fix anything.

Missing bits and broken screen just need replacing...

Mine had 175K miles - nearly 282,000Km so when it came to oil leaks there was more oil on the outside of the engine then inside.

Windshield changed and 450eur of parts has arrived.
Fixed the tray in the dashboard.
Mounted a new motor cover.
Found a faulty connection for the parking assist module but still not working.(Going to inspect the back fuse junction B045)

Btw the start/stop function is not relevant since the car has a six speed manual transmission.

Two new problems has occurred and that is bad FM radio reception and a glow plug has open circuit(Thinkcar2 tool)

MOT due in December so still some time..

Back