Technical 1.6 Bravo knocking noise

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 Bravo knocking noise

gabekal33

Hi, I have a 2011 1.6 Bravo and recently It developed a knocking noise when changing gears(especially at higher rev). I took it to my local garage and they said they need to change the engine mount behind the engine. It's got better after the repair but I can still hear it when changing gears or going over uneven road surfaces. (BTW passenger side front suspension spring was changed recently as well). Any advice on what other issues I am facing here? Thanks,

Hi, I have a 2011 1.6 Bravo and recently It developed a knocking noise when changing gears(especially at higher rev). I took it to my local garage and they said they need to change the engine mount behind the engine. It's got better after the repair but I can still hear it when changing gears or going over uneven road surfaces. (BTW passenger side front suspension spring was changed recently as well). Any advice on what other issues I am facing here? Thanks,

That DogBone mount uses a big Bolt.. and the bracket smaller bolts

Get them to check the bolts are actually tight.. the most cost effective 1st test :cool:

That DogBone mount uses a big Bolt.. and the bracket smaller bolts

Get them to check the bolts are actually tight.. the most cost effective 1st test :cool:
Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion...will have it checked with the mechanic

Back