DSCF9464.JPG

Seicento 1.4 Uno Turbo'd Seicento Rebuild Thread

Introduction

As a few of you may know, ive bought a nail of a car... I myself knew this, but i wanted to spend some time, money and effort to get it back in a show & stand worthy condition.

It was owned on here by 'wardy25' and as far as i can tell he spent a fortune on her... It was later sold, and then neglected... So far i understand that the car was left off the road for ages, owned by chavs, and thrashed, and thats only when its actually been running...

After it being sold on and on, i ended up snapping up the car...

The car has loads of problems, which i knew prior to me buying her, but she does come with loads of cool stuff...

The interior is full leather, its got powder coated abarth wheels, skirts spoiler, uprated brakes, and the main thing.... a tasty 1.4 uno turbo engine... which i think is the MK2 engine.

The car also comes with panels hanging off, cold start problems, faded paint, wiring faults, and more holes in the exhaust than swiss cheese....

So as a good thread goes.... here are a few pictures of the car in its current condition...

Hopefully in the near future, it wont look anything like it does today...
You've done what!!!

don't tell me the same sensible bug has got you too:( two cars for me doesn't feel right (but i am in negotiations on a 1986 911 turbo :eek:) and the MX-5 is over 200bhp thanks to methanol :cool:

The GT4 wasn't for sale, but guy said how much would you take? I gave a figure, he said fine.....OK you can have it then :eek:

Currently the list of daily driver replacements is UK integra Type R, Clio Trophy, Mini Cooper S, Civic Type R, something fun and quick so I can properly play with my integrale again.

I've test driven a very low mileage integra, I liked it but felt really cheap compared to the GT4, and maybe in my mind I thought it would be better. Going to hopefully test drive a Clio Trophy and R53 Mini Copper S (supercharged older model) today. Also test drove a new Civic Type R which was much better than expected, but couldn't bring myself to buy a new car.

Back on topic, sorry for spamming, I wouldn't worry about filling mounts.

You can't compare a 50's designed Mini to a 90's designed Fiat, the advances in technology are ten fold. You only have to look at any competition car and they will be running solid mounts of some form, as I said before I had solid C-one motorsport ones on my GT4 and apart from idle which was crazy vibration wise, on the move made no difference, for an everyday car I found it unacceptable ie sitting in traffic, but the GT4's running in the Toyota Sprint Series use them and they run 600+ bhp and have never pulled a chassis apart, some of those cars have ran 3 seasons now. So thinking a small capacity relatively low powered car can pull a chassis apart, you'd have to question the chassis and wonder if you want to drive in that car.

Last edited:
The GT4 wasn't for sale, but guy said how much would you take? I gave a figure, he said fine.....OK you can have it then :eek:

Currently the list of daily driver replacements is UK integra Type R, Clio Trophy, Mini Cooper S, Civic Type R, something fun and quick so I can properly play with my integrale again.

I've test driven a very low mileage integra, I liked it but felt really cheap compared to the GT4, and maybe in my mind I thought it would be better. Going to hopefully test drive a Clio Trophy and R53 Mini Copper S (supercharged older model) today. Also test drove a new Civic Type R which was much better than expected, but couldn't bring myself to buy a new car.

Back on topic, sorry for spamming, I wouldn't worry about filling mounts.

You can't compare a 50's designed Mini to a 90's designed Fiat, the advances in technology are ten fold. You only have to look at any competition car and they will be running solid mounts of some form, as I said before I had solid C-one motorsport ones on my GT4 and apart from idle which was crazy vibration wise, on the move made no difference, for an everyday car I found it unacceptable ie sitting in traffic, but the GT4's running in the Toyota Sprint Series use them and they run 600+ bhp and have never pulled a chassis apart, some of those cars have ran 3 seasons now. So thinking a small capacity relatively low powered car can pull a chassis apart, you'd have to question the chassis and wonder if you want to drive in that car.

Wont you feel the Hondas "lack" something ie torque coming from a turbo car? as much as i love my Hondas i dont think i could go back to a CTR or DC2 again, awesome handling wise but they dissapoint when the TDi boys come out :(

Mind you you have a bloody integrale you lucky boy (y)

To the OP you seem to be making great progress (y)

Going to hopefully test drive a Clio Trophy and R53 Mini Copper S (supercharged older model) today.

I like the old Cooper S (though I've only driven the Works one). Be aware that some have a strange issue with the windscreen vibrating over about 110. (BMW build quality?). Eventually the neice got it fixed under warantee after the dealership found someone willing to test it at that speed. You might see it around Cov.

emo-jill2.jpg

Heres another update...

Ive attacked 2 out of 3 engine mounts with tigerseal, aswell as the sideskirts (as you can see by the tape holding one in place in the pic lol)....

Ive also removed the leather door cards, and fitted myself a nice set of vibe SE component speakers.

Ive had to space the speakers out to clear the windows as these speakers have a heavy duty magnet on the rear, which was causing major clearance issues.

I will get around to trimming these, when i know what way the interior is going, but for now they are fitted and the components are all working fine etc...

Sound a lot better than the JBL components that were fitted!

Just got to give the car a few days off the road, to let the mounts cure fully...

Attachments

• 10102009556.jpg
    10102009556.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 10102009557.jpg
    10102009557.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 10102009558.jpg
    10102009558.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 55
Hehe Shes gonna look good once everything starts to come together. Have you sorted anywhere to do the paint?

You might be able to hand buff it with G3, but it means taking your time and alot of time.

Atleast your cards are going to plan, mine cocked up now i'm having to cut the fibreglass to move everything back :rolleyes:.

Thanks

the door cards looks pukka, i have to say you do things at an alarming rate, everything you do seems to take a day to build. Do you sleep?:) you must be some kind of robot.:D

Mustard

Hehe Shes gonna look good once everything starts to come together. Have you sorted anywhere to do the paint?

You might be able to hand buff it with G3, but it means taking your time and alot of time.

Atleast your cards are going to plan, mine cocked up now i'm having to cut the fibreglass to move everything back :rolleyes:.

Thanks

Not even washed it since ive got it lol... On the look out for the front 3 panels first...

Contacted the guy you told me about and he is letting me know in a week or so as he thinks he has a yellow one knocking about, but he isn't sure on the condition until he gets to see it... But he quoted £60 for the two wings and bonnet if he does have a decent set.

No point in polishing it until ive got all the panels on the car sorted.... Plus i need to sand the spoiler back and clear coat the damn thing again!!

Thinking of getting a body shop to mop the car over, is this the same as having it G3'd?

Quick update....

Going for the lighter approach lol....

Ive cleaned everything up since the pics, and fitted a single seat so the car is still mobile lol.

Ive also bought myself a set of seicento runners from the scrappy, ready for when i get some bucket seats in there....

Think the interior looks a lot better now than it did when i got her...

Attachments

• 12102009562.jpg
    12102009562.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 12102009563.jpg
    12102009563.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 102
you moving that cut off switch??

Nar as il need to replace the wiring then lol.... its fine where it is for the time being, not the best of places il admit....

To be honest id only remove the key when parked in dodgy areas or at a show, as i dont want to loose all my bloody headunit settings, and keep resetting the ECU lol.

Is that the chassis plate next to the earth strap? I didn't know you were allowed to relocate them, might be handy to bear in mind if I ever pop a sub in :)

(we have the same air freshener :p)

Back