General 1.4 Dualogic Update

Currently reading:
General 1.4 Dualogic Update

ahmett

Prominent member
Hello everyone, have not been here for a long time!
My 2010 Fiat 500 1.4 Dualogic is still alive with 185,000 km's on the clock and is running just fine!
It has gone through 1 new Dualogic Unit, 2 new clutches, 2 new actuators, a radiator, new wiring, and a new timing belt+ water pump, new suspension kit, but other than that the normal wear and tear and everything works! Barely uses any oil or coolant!

I drive it much less now as I do not use it as a main car, but since it's fully paid I see no reason to sell it, I will just keep on running it and using it when needed!

Thanks for the update.. (y)
Is it in a warm place??

I guess the wiring was the rear hatch.?

Charlie - now with a 500

Yeah it is left outside in a Mediterranean climate and used almost monthly with around 5,000 miles a year, the rear hatch was the wiring that needed to be completely fixed. Since then no problems! Rust does not seem to be an issue 12 years in, the rubber external parts seem a bit melted by the sun, but I'll accept that as normal wear and tear and actually just replaced the windscreen wipers.

Batteries much prefer to be used. A battery monitor will help it to last longer. Do check the electrolyte levels as a hot climate an evaporate the water.

Hello everyone, have not been here for a long time!
Hello again, my friend.

Nice to see you back - and to know your car still lives!

With the spiralling cost of both new and used cars, I think a lot of 500's are going to be kept on the road for a lot longer than Fiat perhaps originally intended. Annoying niggles aside, the core of the car is pretty sound, and the 4cylinder petrols seem to be good for quite impressive mileages. Our 2010 1.2 Panda has now done about 110k miles and still has almost all its orignal parts.

Hello again, my friend.

Nice to see you back - and to know your car still lives!

With the spirraling cost of both new and used cars, I think a lot of 500's are going to be kept on the road for a lot longer than Fiat perhaps originally intended. Annoying niggles aside, the core of the car is pretty sound, and the 4cylinder petrols seem to be good for quite impressive mileages.

Yes thanks!

Up to 188,000 kms now and it only used 0.5lt of oil in the last 5,000km so very reasonable oil consumption given my driving style, so let’s see how long it lasts!
Will update periodically!

Attachments

• 25F30977-8E80-4CFF-9C7D-1EDBD773A53F.jpeg
    25F30977-8E80-4CFF-9C7D-1EDBD773A53F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Back