Technical 1.4 90hp Gearbox Mount design?

Currently reading:
Technical 1.4 90hp Gearbox Mount design?

bsks

Hello guys. I have replaced the gearbox side mount on my bravo, but there is something i dont understand. The inner diameter of the mount (nr.1 on the image) is 20mm, and the bolt that runs through it and attaches to the gearbox bracket (nr.2) is 12mm, so when the car moves the engine is rocking back and forth freely and this is causing alot of problems including acceleration vibration. Is this normal design for the fiat mounts or am i missing something?
getImage.png

Without actually seeing it on the car , I suspect the hole is large to allow alignment and once in place and tightened correctly the stud from the No.2 bracket and the nut No.3 should pinch the mount No.1 tightly allowing no movement.
Is there a washer or spacer missing preventing it all from pinching together?

Washer nr4 is there, so i guess nothing is missing. The new mount is a little different in design, but the old one had the same play. Should i try to install some extra washers and pinch the mount?

Washer nr4 is there, so i guess nothing is missing. The new mount is a little different in design, but the old one had the same play. Should i try to install some extra washers and pinch the mount?
For M12 nut = 90-110 Nm, bolt M10 = 54-66 Nm, bolt M12 = 77-93 Nm

As you said, turns out the mount must be pinched. The new one is slightly different design, so i guess this could be the problem. My old one was also wrong design, installed by previous owner. I installed some shims between the nut and the original spacer, and the car definitely improved. There is still a very slight shaky feeling under full throttle around 3500 rpm, but i can live with it... For now. Thank you all for replying.

Hello guys. I have replaced the gearbox side mount on my bravo, but there is something i dont understand. The inner diameter of the mount (nr.1 on the image) is 20mm, and the bolt that runs through it and attaches to the gearbox bracket (nr.2) is 12mm, so when the car moves the engine is rocking back and forth freely and this is causing alot of problems including acceleration vibration. Is this normal design for the fiat mounts or am i missing something?View attachment 422413
Hi there, may I ask where you found these schematics? Thanks

Back