Technical 1.3 not starting

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 not starting

seanpryde

I've got a 2013 combo and I have had no response to my issue on the vauxhall form.

It is a 2013 1.3 cdti Combo, I was driving and it cut out. Checked the fault code and it was due to low fuel pressure.

There is fuel getting to the hp pump I've confirmed this by removing the pipes but no fuel getting to the rail when cranking.
When I checked the diagnostics the desired fuel pressure is 0 mpa.
I checked the imobiliser by going through the Doblo scan as it won't find it the vaux/opel. It is seeing the keys.
The diagnostic is seeing engine speed. Boost preasure is reading 14psi at idle, i think that may be normal as it is atmospheric pressure.
All other readings seem normal
Is there anything else that can be cutting the fuel?

Hi

Masses of info dotted around the forum

Common issues are a bleed losing the rail pressure
Hi thanks for the reply I've trolled through hundreds of posts the last week vauxhaull and fiat, some just end with no solution after about 50 response. I can't find much on the ECU not asking for a desired pressure during cranking

Hi thanks for the reply I've trolled through hundreds of posts the last week vauxhaull and fiat, some just end with no solution after about 50 response. I can't find much on the ECU not asking for a desired pressure during cranking
Requirement is AT LEAST hundreds of Bar rail pressure..

A leaky injector.. poor battery or starter

Can rob pressure on cranking..

But yours stumbled while driving..

Tell us more :)

Can you read rail pressures seen at ECU via OBD port ?

Can you read rail pressures seen at ECU via OBD port ?
The rail pressure is reading 0. When I crank the engine the desired pressure is 0 and then when I turn the ignition off the desired pressure is 340 bar. There is fuel getting to the hp pump as I have removed the metering valve and turned on the ignition and it sprays out.
I initially thought it was an imobiliser issue as when checking under opel/vauxhall the imobiliser status was blank. But If I read it as a Fiat Doblo it tells me which key I have in and other info.
I have no idea what determines the fuel pressure setting if its the cam or crank sensor, the engine rpm is reading on the diagnostics. Or if there is anything else that would cause it to cut the fuel

Can you read rail pressures seen at ECU via OBD port

I found the issue decided to remove the cam sensor with plans to order a new one, to see if it could be the reason it wasnt asking for fuel pressure.
Turned the engine over looking through the hole at camshaft and it isn't turning so looks like a snapped chain or pulley slipping.
I had actually ordered a new van the day before it happened and planned to trade in. I've spent the last week thinking it was an electrical fault. will just have to put it on ebay for spares or repair.

Cheers

What kind of mileage has this covered..?

Some fleet vans get to @250k

Poorly maintained cars can have the chain fail at 80k..

Mine have all been around the 100k without issue...
But as you have seen they often give no warning..

Good luck moving it on :)
It was only at 74k, It was due a service next month it was done last year. Its just one of those things. I was offered £1800 px I know it was a bit low but didn't want the hassle of a private sale as its through the business. Put it on ebay and has loads if interest and was offered £1250 as a no runner within 12 hours but I'm just going to see what it goes for.

Technically, I gotta mention that crankshaft sensor is the one responsible for the fuel injection timing, and if it's bad, it cuts the fuel off. Not the cam sensor.

Back