Technical 2015 doblo 1.3 glow plugs

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 doblo 1.3 glow plugs

Dunkymac12

Hi got the check glow plug light coming on at start up goes out after no problem starting even at low temps
So would like to change all plugs but no hurry as starts no problem
Is it the 1.9 engine that i hear is a pig to do ?
On the 1.3 multi are the plugs under the air box and are they an easy job ?

Hi got the check glow plug light coming on at start up goes out after no problem starting even at low temps
So would like to change all plugs but no hurry as starts no problem
Is it the 1.9 engine that i hear is a pig to do ?
On the 1.3 multi are the plugs under the air box and are they an easy job ?
It sounds like it is doing what it is meant to do. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool? If so it would show if any error codes were pending etc.
Yours is a 2015 you say which is the change over to a later version, I did the heater plugs on my daughters 06 Grande Punto some years ago with no issues, access at the front once covers removed.
I never had to change the ones on my 05 1.9 Doblo with 224k miles, but recently did the ones on my 2010 Scudo 2 litre 16 valve which took a lot longer as at the back of engine by the bulkhead and under the egr cooler etc. however they did undo easily once I got there.
If you have any suspicions I would test them using a multimeter.:)

Hi. Don't have a diagnostic tool ,no hurry as starts fine
so was just gonna change all plugs if it was easy to access and see if light goes out
Was reading the 1.9 was difficult to access and only wanted to know if plugs on my 2015 van were same as early 1.3 under the air box and easy job
Got some bosch duratherms so thought might as well just stick them all in anyway,
hopfully come out no problem and gently does it with warm engine and some wd40 if a bit tight
Just recently got the van so not too familiar with it yet
Hun

Oops. Hunting for a workshop manual ,wish haynes done the old step by step books but see a digital one £27 to access ,don't know if much good for me
Are e learn ones better

Oops. Hunting for a workshop manual ,wish haynes done the old step by step books but see a digital one £27 to access ,don't know if much good for me
Are e learn ones better
Re changing plugs for the sake of it, your choice though I would say I have a 2010 Doblo 1.6 multijet that does exactly the same heating sequence you describe and starts well no problem also, so I have no intention of fitting new.
Less impressed with current Haynes manuals than in the old days. Others here can advise better on e learn as I use Linux and I believe it is Win based.:)

Back