Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

That's the result and based on your question to Mr Magoo i remember that if you press the brake pedal while in 1st gear and crank the car automatically set it to neutral and start with a beep warning if no brake pressed it should not crank as i remember
We can safely assume all the ground to the ECU are fine

Let's move on

And this is the phenomenon that won't let me keep the BCM out of suspicions
I does not worry me, the second time you turn the key is different, your car is different to mine but it's a different ECU, dash and Body computer

What is concerning is the persistent lack of RPM, occasional over temp

All sent from the CAN network

Unplug the ABS and see if anything changes

Did clean the 10mm bolt on the ECU and moved the ground to it and negative battery terminal

Alright then gonna go through with it tomorrow morning although the abs has always clean but it's worth a shot i guess
I does not worry me, the second time you turn the key is different, you is different to mine but it's a different ECU, dash and Body computer

What is concerning is the persistent lack of RPM, occasional over temp

All sent from the CAN network

Unplug the ABS and see if anything changes

Doesn't this 3 blinking mean that the immobilizer is the one preventing startup?
As long as the light goes out the ECU has accepted the CODE sent the reply back to the body computer and the body computer tells the dash to switch the light out

My understanding is if the lights out all is good

It's only check once at ignition on as far as I know, but I could be wrong on this

But why after the failed startup attempt does it blink 3 times? Isn't it a sign that the immobilizer is the one preventing the start?

What i mean it's the car didn't do that when it used to run i take this as a sign but i don't know what it does mean it would be much simpler of we could get the run without the immobilizer emergency code but i don't know how to get it

My dad went to fiat official service center when i got the car 5 years ago aiming to solve the coil issue that wasn't known and passed 3 mechanics and wasn't caught until i solved it myself anyway when my dad went to them, they mentioned that the 2nd gen of panda have been fully removed from their system so I'm clueless as to what other options i have to get it as a test

The CAN network is daisy chained

Screenshot_20240412-185237.png

Cutting it the ABS may stop the immobilizer working

The backup system should still work, maybe

But at least it gives us an easy place to take some measurements

Alright then ripping the abs loom tomorrow morning then but after that what? Try and crank it?

Hopefully have pulled a wiring diagram that a close match as none fit your car exactly
Screenshot_20240412-185237 (1).png

With the battery disconnected

Resistance between pin 15 and 26
Resistance between pin 14 and 25
Resistance between pin 14, 15, 25, 26 and ground
Resistance between pin 14, 15, 25, 26 and battery +

Brown M
Green V

Good Morning unfortunately 14 and 15 are both empty this is the loom of the ABS

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_105732.jpg
    IMG_20240413_105732.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That's a shame I can't find any diagrams that match your wiring

We will have to test the CAN another way

Does the immobilizer light go off with the ABS disconnect

Sorry for ghosting out it was a very busy day anyway after opening the ignition immobilizer light went out as it usually does after 2 seconds

That's the dashboard now shall i try cranking?

Attachments

• VID_20240414_101532.mp4
    27.9 MB
With the ABS still disconnected

Clear the codes

Crank the engine a few times

Read the codes, you will probably get some network errors as we have broken the daisy chain

Off the internet most of day

We can test the wiring for the CANBUS at the diagnostic port

OBD connector.png

Battery disconnected

Resistance between both pins
Resistance between each pin and ground
Resistance between each pin and power

The third party radio does it go off with the ignition
Does bit have a canbus adaptor fitted

Back