Tuning 0-60mph times on remap/tuning box

Currently reading:
Tuning 0-60mph times on remap/tuning box

steve119

Established member
Hi boys and girls,

been checking the forum out to find out rough estimates of 0-60 times for the Grande 1.9 multijet, after remap and tuning boxes installed.:D

I'm happy to hear from T-jetters and everyone else too though so knock yourselves out!! ;)

I downloaded an app that reckons I did 0-60 in 7.75 seconds, is that about right?:eek:

PS I did a search on here and found nothing but went on google and found 1 thread on it after posting this thread so please don't be too harsh lol!!

Last edited:
Iv'e attempted to time it a couple times but as it always seems to be around 7.5seconds im not too convinced im doing it right haha, cant see a standard t-jet doing that time, maybe 8 seconds yes. I take it you mean that accelerometer app? I tired this but dont really have anywhere for my iPod to sit 100% still for a real reading (n)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Somebody on here a while back bought that box before and they actually were quite happy with it(y)

I would personally love a TMC box, but times are hard and not everyone can afford that sort of money, not slating them at all, I believe you get what you pay for but a little out of my price range!!:(

Last edited:
would love a remap but currently looking at new cars, and a remap on what im after is 300bhp! ;)

a mate of mine was going to remap his bravo but had trouble with red dot and didnt bother so has got a TMC box on the way, will be nice to see what it can do!

Misc i would pm you but its weird on phone. What car you looking at getting?

haha agreed can barely navigate it on my phone! looking at MK5 golf gti edition 30's, not many about so its the old waiting game for one with the right spec and more importantly one at the right price! not the prettiest car but for some reason ive always wanted a golf and 230bhp standard cant be bad (y)

£60 for a tuning box!? isnt that stupidly cheap?

yes it is, and at that low price i thought 'well why not' and it is actually pretty decent!

Without it, when you floor it you feel a little turbo punch but not much... now with the box, when i floor it the turbo kicks in LOADS more and you feel like you get a real kick in the seat. and it feels alot more powerful with the box. i might see about getting a rolling road readout to see what its running at the minute, its only about £40 for a rolling session isnt it??

yes it is, and at that low price i thought 'well why not' and it is actually pretty decent!

Without it, when you floor it you feel a little turbo punch but not much... now with the box, when i floor it the turbo kicks in LOADS more and you feel like you get a real kick in the seat. and it feels alot more powerful with the box. i might see about getting a rolling road readout to see what its running at the minute, its only about £40 for a rolling session isnt it??

plenty of torque then ;) pretty sure RR days are around £40 - £50 yeah (y)

Is it adjastable? If it is, you can lower the settings to avoid smoking...

yes its adjustable, its turned down quite low as it is as if you have it too high the engine warning light will come on telling you to pull over or whatever when you reach 3-4k revs. the light resets itself after about half hour with the battery off. then its all systems go

so it takes a little while to get it to a maximum without any problems.

will also be sorting a rolling road out soon in leicester at a VAG vs JDM meet but they let anything on the rollers :p costs £20-£30 i think for 2 runs

Back