| ||Thread Tools|
| || |
Engine Block Coolant Drain Plug
I'm flushing the cooling system, and was wondering a few things. First off, can i get away with just draining it from the radiator and hoses, do i need to also drain it from the drain plug on the engine block?
Second, is the plug in this picture the plug I use?
And lastly, are there any torque specs when i replace that plug?
| || |
Re: Engine Block Coolant Drain Plug
are you just flushing and refilling the cooling system? try this...
1. add a t-fitting from a flush kit to the heater hose that goes from the heater core to the center of the head.
2. turn heater control valve open
3. hook a garden hose to the t-fitting
4. open petcock at the bottom of the radiator, and remove lower rad hose
5. turn water on and flush with impunity
Coldwater, Michigan USA
Home of the Michigan SHORTER SHIFTER
member, Fiat Lancia Unlimited
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|(T) Gearbox oil change; drain plug & fill plug?||combwork||Multipla||3||03-07-2009 09:50|
|(G) Water drain plug?||alanwylde||Ducato||0||04-01-2009 13:49|
|(G) Marea 1.9td 100 engine oil drain plug||graemechalmers||Marea||2||07-12-2008 17:02|
|(T) Gearbox drain plug on '99 mk.1 ?||wavestar||Punto (Mk2/2b)||3||01-01-2008 21:45|
|(T) Oil drain plug||weyeye||Cinquecento / Seicento||2||12-07-2005 16:19|