| ||Thread Tools|
| || |
Engine Block Coolant Drain Plug
I'm flushing the cooling system, and was wondering a few things. First off, can i get away with just draining it from the radiator and hoses, do i need to also drain it from the drain plug on the engine block?
Second, is the plug in this picture the plug I use?
And lastly, are there any torque specs when i replace that plug?
| || |
Re: Engine Block Coolant Drain Plug
are you just flushing and refilling the cooling system? try this...
1. add a t-fitting from a flush kit to the heater hose that goes from the heater core to the center of the head.
2. turn heater control valve open
3. hook a garden hose to the t-fitting
4. open petcock at the bottom of the radiator, and remove lower rad hose
5. turn water on and flush with impunity
Coldwater, Michigan USA
Home of the [B][COLOR=red]Michigan SHORTER SHIFTER[/COLOR][/B]
member, Fiat Lancia Unlimited
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|(T) Gearbox oil change; drain plug & fill plug?||combwork||Multipla||3||03-07-2009 09:50|
|(G) Water drain plug?||alanwylde||Ducato||0||04-01-2009 13:49|
|(G) Marea 1.9td 100 engine oil drain plug||graemechalmers||Marea||2||07-12-2008 17:02|
|(T) Gearbox drain plug on '99 mk.1 ?||wavestar||Punto (Mk2/2b)||3||01-01-2008 21:45|
|(T) Oil drain plug||weyeye||Cinquecento / Seicento||2||12-07-2005 16:19|