My_car_with_new_bonnet.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My old punto 1.2 8v mk2 turbo

Introduction

Hope you like...

-Andy
Reactions: peterpe
This is mad in a good way man, I'l go with the grain and say good work on that project! It's pretty unique as i'm sure you know.

nice to see these pics again. Could you post up the RR results if you dont mind?

lol at those who think this is "new" it was done years ago.... still, no less respect to shakey for actually doing it first! Plus actually helping other people with it too :p

Top stuff - Respect.

Anyone who wants to tune an 8V would do well to get a copy of the David Vizard book(s) How to Modify your Mini and Tuning the A Series. Vizard pioneered flow bench port design and back in the 1970s was getting up to 120bhp from the 1275 mini using twin SU carbs. These are old engines with 5 port heads but the basics dont change.

Choose a good book seller and its mega cheap information that transfers to the Fiat or any other small engine.
http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/B...searchurl=an=David+Vizard&bt.x=0&bt.y=0&sts=t

Total respect to @shakey_hand_man. Its one thing to have the info its another to put it into practice.

Last edited:
If thats the book I think it is, I've flicked through it and its got some quality tuning knowlege. But its more about perfection of N/A than the compromises of turbocharging. And carbs... not much use there ;)

With all due respect to Vizard, theres a MUCH better suited book for turboing EFI engines here:

Street Turbocharging: Amazon.co.uk: Mark Warner: Books

Covers everything you need to know from scratch :) Not quite as in-depth, but if you're only aiming for say 150bhp or less, you dont need to know any more if you dont want to.

Last edited:
:slayer:

Just out of interest what sort of RR figures did you end up with, I don't know if someone has a link to them if posted some place else. You said you upgraded the exhaust system and obviously the engine but did you have to do anything with the suspension, clutch, gearbox or drive shafts also how did it feel to drive and is it still running?

Sorry for all the questions but it seems like you've taken the 1.2 8v further than most people have bothered or wanted to go... Was it worth it????

:worship:

Back