DSC000561.jpg

Stilo 90% Vanilla

Introduction

Yup I probably have the least modified Stilo on this site, i've got a set of 17" Claws, a stubby ariel and an xcarlink iPod connector and thats it!

Looks ok for a normal car, not treated like a show car, just washed regularly and polished some of the time.

Appologies for the pics, most were taken on my 8mp phone. First pic was taken years ago probably on a 2mp phone.

DSC000561.jpg

Pretty much as purchased in 2003.

P22-09-09_19_57.JPG

Just after I had the Claws refurbished.

P17-10-09_16_45.JPG

Stilo's best angle?

P17-10-09_16_55.JPG

Shows what little work you need to put into getting a caliper looking almost new, 5mins with a brillo pad when your changing the pads.

P18-10-09_12_10.JPG

Standard right height, looks fine to me and speed bumps don't trouble me.

P17-10-09_16_43_01_.JPG

Actually takes very little to get your car this clean, but I do conceed that my car was recently rubbed down with G10 to remove a lot of surface paint splats from a neighbors fence paining fiasco. And a quick clay to remove the final bits of crap in the paint.

P17-10-09_16_45_01_.JPG

Toying with the light along the side of the car.

P15-09-09_09_16_01_.JPG

Light Stilo's look great in the sun, but the light colour doesn't show the best curves in pictures.
17's But I got them back in 2004! On ebay from a trader called Artprov who sold lots of Fiat stuff (the belief at the time was that they worked in a Fiat dealer). Great price back then, I pad slightly over the odds to make sure I got them as I kept getting outbid by other folk on here.

£250 at the time, you'll be lucky to get a kerbed knackered set for anything like that price.

And a quick clay to remove the final bits of crap in the paint.

Very nice and shiney mate. I am going to look at what this clay thing i have read on a few times for cleaning is all about (y)

I know you are keeping things simple but would a change of the old colour coded wing mirrors be on the cards? :)

Last edited:
The claying did make a difference but it was only the finishing 10% difference really. You gotta decide if you want to spend £25 for only a tiny improvement in my opinion. I thought it was worth a punt though.

As for the wing mirrors, no! :) What I might do is get some of the gravel rash on the bonnet etc sorted out, and although you can't see it in the pics there is a scratch on the nearside rear wing and a ding and touch up on the drivers door which I'd like to have fixed.

Nice Stilo indeed (y)

Still torn in the whole Claws vs Blades debate, though if any are coming up on eBay it seems to be the latter. Either way, I'll probably get them anthracited if I can find them :eek:

It's funny though about the ride height thing you mentioned. The Eibach springs/dampers lowered mine a heck of a lot - around 50mm front, 30mm back (though it looks lower). And even with the highest of speedbumps, I never have a problem. Only issue I had recently was parking front on to a high(ish) kerb and the splitter rubbed a little :) As far as I'm concerned sorting the suspension's one of the best mods I've done. It's a little firm, but the benefits on the twisty stuff are amazing :)

I normally just snap pics on my LG phone which is 8mp, but I went out my way yesterday and took my Samsung NV7 camera with me, its only 7.2mp but Its been a good camera, that and the gorrilla pod stand and hey presto nice pics easily.

I still prefer this pic
SNB11437-FF.JPG

Last edited:
Back