DSC01090.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Out with the Tights...

Introduction

And in with the spray

I used the Hycote window tint spray Jug suggested, i even done the back window, went on great, bit messey though!

nah he wasnt joking thats what it's actually for, it says not for plastic because i think it burns into the plastic if you cake it on.

the lights look 100% perfect i love them. back window looks mint too, on the pic it looks faded at the bottom thought but it isn't.

no i wasnt joking, its great stuff. :)

looks a lot better imo mate.

i tinted the whole of my rear lights last week. much happier with it now, but i overdid it too dark and it made the plastic haze in places. i took the paint off and started again, doing a much better job this time, but the hazing is still there slightly on one light so i'll have to start again next week and t-cut the plastic to a mirror finish first. you cant really tell there is anything wrong wiht it now, but it keeps me busy and out of trouble lol

I would like them to be tinted like the pics above but just a tad lighter.
it is laquer rather than paint so you get a lot of "run off". that means loads of it drips off. the best way to get a light tint is to do one thick layer of paint. most of it will run off, leaving a perfectly even layer. i did mine like that and it was perfect, but then i decided to add another layer just to see what happened but it went too dark. unfortunately real life doesnt have an UNDO option :(

oh well, i'll do it even better next time.

just been out now and took another pic, seems to have got darker.

if you look to the left of the window it looks like you can see the back seat, well the top of it, but it's my new 6x9s i just have lying on the shelf right close to the window.

ill do some proper pics soon.

DSC001147.JPG

Last edited:
hey can anybody give me advice on how they used this spray tinting as mentioned above you've stated it's messy how can i clear up and prevent any mess.
I've got a punto mk2, i tried to use film on the rear window but because of the shape i couldn't smoot it out, i even had the tailgate off my car n was tinting it on the floor in my kitchen! but the side windows went on perfectly?!

My partner is a clean freak n if i make a mess i'll get an ear full lol, so any advice is greatful.

do you have any advice on how to spray the rear window, and also advice on the tail lights, looking to do mine this weekend if the weathers nice, also did u have to laquer the tail lights once u used the window spray on them. taa

Back