General New Abarth Owner Saying Hi..

Currently reading:
General New Abarth Owner Saying Hi..

Had 500s for 6 years now.

1st : New 2009 Yellow 500 1.2 Lounge. (2009-2012)
2nd: New 2012 Yellow 500c Twinair Lounge (2012-Still got it)
3rd: New 2015 White 500c Abarth (2015-)

Picking up the Abarth either Wednesday or Friday this week,

Keeping the 2012 500c Twinair (Will be a handme down to my daughter as her first car, takes test next month)

So Questions

Looking for a remap to bring it up to 160ish BHP. Any recommendations for Midlands area that people have used trust (Will consider other areas if not as I do travel a lot)

Anything I really need to keep any eye on that was not an issue on the standard 500?.

Any other tips and info greatly recieved, although I assume it will be mostly like the 1.2 and Twinair in that it eats suspension parts for breakfast..

Only Photo I have so far

20150215_124942.jpg

Welcome back!! Nice car! What's the mileage on your TA now? I remember you were racking it up.

Wow! Love your new Abarth : )
How about the Magneti Marelli (Fiat group) module. It takes 5 mins to fit and it's remote control so you can turn it off if you want to run the regular 'map'
It's also transferable from car to car. I think it adds 25-30bhp

Had 500s for 6 years now.

1st : New 2009 Yellow 500 1.2 Lounge. (2009-2012)
2nd: New 2012 Yellow 500c Twinair Lounge (2012-Still got it)
3rd: New 2015 White 500c Abarth (2015-)

Picking up the Abarth either Wednesday or Friday this week,

Keeping the 2012 500c Twinair (Will be a handme down to my daughter as her first car, takes test next month)

So Questions

Looking for a remap to bring it up to 160ish BHP. Any recommendations for Midlands area that people have used trust (Will consider other areas if not as I do travel a lot)

Anything I really need to keep any eye on that was not an issue on the standard 500?.

Any other tips and info greatly recieved, although I assume it will be mostly like the 1.2 and Twinair in that it eats suspension parts for breakfast..

Only Photo I have so far

20150215_124942.jpg
Sorry, I missed you in last 'quote' post. Pls see post above this one.

Sorry, I missed you in last 'quote' post. Pls see post above this one.

Hi Twins, good to hear from you.

Not sure yet, was thinking about a standard Angel Remap, although the Box would be batter Re Warranty.

Going to give it a couple of thousand miles to settle in before choosing the Box/Remap. But thanks for the info, I had not considered that one.

Just had my insurance quote come back on the A500c..

Currently have the following on my policy

2012 Twinair 500c - Insured for 20k Miles a Year Business use
2013 Focus 1.6 Diesel Zetec S - Insured for 20k Miles a Year Business use

Drivers, Self 42 and OH 52

Total Cost £362 a year for both cars (Aviva)

To take out the Focus and install the A500c in its place

Total Cost £358 a year for both cars :D

got to love Aviva if they think the A500c is lower risk than an oil burning focus

Now just got to decide if selling the Twinair or giving it to Daughter as first car, (Insurance for that for her is a plot higher than getting her a little 1.2 POP)

Last edited:
Hi, very nice! I went from the 1.2 to the Abarth. The only slight negative is the appalling turning circle. Took me a yer or so to hit a supermarket parking space square! :D Lack of spare wheel is a pain too.

It loses its cute/cool factor, but replaces that with more attitude.

If you do lots of miles check if a remap would shorten service intervals. I think the Essesse has shorter service periods.

Nice car, Flashy! Re. your daughter's car, would her higher insurance cost be offset by the Twinair being a known quantity as you have been the previous careful owner?
Also, is she taking her test in the convertible? Some drop-tops are not allowed for the test due to poor rear visibility, so worth checking.
Apologies if you've already got this all covered, I don't want to sound patronising!

Back