Off Topic Owning an abarth

Currently reading:
Off Topic Owning an abarth

Ben13

I was just wondering if any owners of 500 abartha and grande punto abarths could tell me what they are like to drive on an everyday basis. ride quality, acceleration and overtaking and how many miles you get in a full tank. Considering getting rid of my panda 100hp so any advice would be appreciated.

I love mine as a daily driver, I use it mostly in town though, is great for that, darting in and out of traffic etc!
The ride is VERY hard but as you're used to a Panda 100hp you prob will think it's fine.
Acceleration is great, more than enough, esp in sport mode.

MPG, well mine's not great, avg about 31'sh but it does do mostly town driving and I do have a heavy right foot, have got another car for motorway work, in saying that it's fine for the odd motorway run, better really than I was expecting noise and ride wise, will do mid 40's if you keep it around 70.

Best of all though is that it is a really fun car, I enjoy it every day, always smiling and always look forward to getting in it.

Hope that helps. :)

She really is a blast to drive. Responsive, quick, peppy even. The suspension may leave something to be desired to some. You do feel every little bump and steering correction. Personally I don't think that's a drawback at all, but my mother won't ride long distances with me.
I average close to 30 mpg/ 250-275 miles on a tank. With a recent fill up costing me less than a $20 (91 octane), it's kind ofa steal.
The only warning or advise I may offer is keep the tires balanced and rotated. I'm shy of 15k and already have serious balding in front. Those low pros don't wear well. Oh, and they're the absolute pits when it's wet out.

Back