General Equivalent BMW service HALF the price of Abarth 500 menu price!

Currently reading:
General Equivalent BMW service HALF the price of Abarth 500 menu price!

i'd rather take my car to someone i trust for anything i can't do myself, which isn't much.

warranty work, reset service counter(s), software updating, recalls etc

Interested to see in What Car Jan issue that their 320d Convertible was serviced at main agent Sytner for £161 - this was for a first service at 19,000 miles. (The car also needed a pollen filter which cost an extra £44)

BMW have already creamed you on the initial cost of the car with dealer getting huge chunk on sale.

Should have asked before buying and bought a lovely little Mini instead. They are much better you know. (ducks) :devil:

any power steering, water leaks, seat frame breaking, airbag lights, door lock problems yet...soon will:devil:

that bmw price is just for an oil service.
go and price up an inspection 2 on a bmw m3 that would be more of a comparison :p

well said....even ford and vauxhall charge you extra for checking tyre pressures and tyre depths!

I had an early oil and filter change done last year at an Abarth Dealer, cost me about £65.

It was the first A500 they had done an oil change on and took them a lot longer than they had been quoted by Abarth to do, this was because the oil filter is buried in the engine and pretty difficult to get to apparently.

Maybe an independent would struggle with this, also I'd rather take it to somewhere where they are used to working on the car, rather a independent place.

My first service is due at the end of the month I will give them a call next week and see how much is going to cost! will report back.

I had an early oil and filter change done last year at an Abarth Dealer, cost me about £65.

It was the first A500 they had done an oil change on and took them a lot longer than they had been quoted by Abarth to do, this was because the oil filter is buried in the engine and pretty difficult to get to apparently.

Maybe an independent would struggle with this, also I'd rather take it to somewhere where they are used to working on the car, rather a independent place.

My first service is due at the end of the month I will give them a call next week and see how much is going to cost! will report back.

haha they must have been a really crap abarth dealer then - the oil filter is not particular tough to get to at all. i wouldnt take your car back to those jokers if they struggled to even do an oil change on the only cars they sell :D

Thats it, why pay all that money for a car and take it to some dodgy garage :confused: Mine will be going to an Abarth dealer throughout my ownership (y)

Thats it, why pay all that money for a car and take it to some dodgy garage :confused: Mine will be going to an Abarth dealer throughout my ownership (y)

but you talk in another thread about getting an induction kit fitted - if you do that, your warranty with the abarth dealers with be void immediately...and i doubt they'll service it either :confused:

Last edited:
but you talk in another thread about getting an induction kit fitted - if you do that, your warranty with the abarth dealers with be void immediately...and i doubt they'll service it either :confused:

I have an induction kit fitted to a normal 500 and the dealer had no issues doing the first service. He did point out that if I went through a deep puddle and sucked in water a warranty claim on a dead engine wouldn't be honoured. But then I wouldn't do that.

I have an induction kit fitted to a normal 500 and the dealer had no issues doing the first service. He did point out that if I went through a deep puddle and sucked in water a warranty claim on a dead engine wouldn't be honoured. But then I wouldn't do that.

i would imagine that if you try and get anything done under warranty now, you will be disappointed.

im waiting till my warranty expires before going in for stuff like this - might as well make use of it while we have it; we pay for it indirectly in the price of the car after all.

Last edited:
i would imagine that if you try and get anything done under warranty now, you will be disappointed.

Oops, better remove my non-FIAT branded un supported size USB stick before anything goes wrong! :p

I wouldn't worry about it, any dealer/company with any sense is reasonable on warranty issues like this, they only kick at big things like some idiot running 3 bars of boost through a 1.2 or something.

im waiting till my warranty expires before going in for stuff like this - might as well make use of it while we have it; we pay for it indirectly in the price of the car after all.

I had the hydraulic seals go on mine after the induction kit was on. Fiat honoured the warranty without even questioning it. I'm saying all dealers are the same but I think within reason they're ok with mods. If I put an induction kit on and my seat broke, for instance, they couldn't reasonably refuse to fix it.

Edit: Hydraulics makes it sounds like an airplane. The hydraulic seals on the clutch I believe was the problem.

all a bit dody with the warranty - any fiat dealer is totally within their rights to not do the work under warranty if anything has been done to modify the car.

doesnt matter if the faulty part is unrelated to any mods elsewhere on the vehicle - its the warranty itself you void by altering anything from factory state (it does clearly state this in the warranty booklet also, so you wouldnt have a legal leg to stand on should this come to pass)

i love mods just as much as the next person, but id rather be patient and not risk my warranty. but anyway, goes without saying its your car and your cash so up to you.

Last edited:
ok whats the deal with the servicing and cost for the abarth 500? i know you can shop around for cheaper but what is the price people have been quoted from the dealer they got there car from?

1) how much is for a 3 year service?
2) i read the 1st service is 18000 miles. is that true?
3) does it have 2 be serviced every year or???
4) my brothers clio 8 years ago stated it had 2 be serviced for the 1st time after 2 years from purchase. - however his new volvo c30 is abit different..its £1100 for 3 years servicing.(must be serviced at 12000 miles or atleast once a year) if this doesnt happen the warantee becomes invalid.
5) oh and my dads polo service is 18000 miles or 1st service at 3 years. which ever comes 1st.
6) what if at the end of the 1st year abarth owners have not done 18000 miles???

can somebody explain how the service applys for the abarth.cost and small print please:) and any restrictions.

Last edited:
If aftermarket filters void your warranty, why do K&N give out stickers saying 'This product does not void your warranty' with their products? Or at least they did last year! Seems a bit of a stupid thing to be doing if it's not true.

I'm waiting anyway just incase.

all petrol cars are basically the same underneath, the parts are just in different locations, i've worked on allsorts with my mate and get on just fine, whether its my punto, or an exotic sports car. he's a professional mechanic with his own garage, he gets the work from the local dealerships that they struggle with....

just because an oil filter is tricky to reach, doesn't mean someone else won't be able to service it. thats where u get grazed knuckles from. dealerships are a rip-off, you're just paying for a name and some apprentice to mess with your car.

If aftermarket filters void your warranty, why do K&N give out stickers saying 'This product does not void your warranty' with their products? Or at least they did last year! Seems a bit of a stupid thing to be doing if it's not true.

I'm waiting anyway just incase.

depends whether its a panel filter or induction kit iirc

Back