General Help ......

Currently reading:
General Help ......

peanut73

Hi all,
i really need help, i have a 1992 ducato camper 1.9d and the heating does not get hot. the slider for that slides between hot and cold felt
slack, so i have taken the controls out of the dash and all the cables are connected and working, layed on the floor and moved the slider to find the end of the cable not connected.
i have searched looked and cant see where it goes at all, searched the internet for a pic of where it goes but nothing. if anyone could help with a discription or a pic i would be so happy, thank you in advance as its driving me bloody nuts lol

No specific detail on your camper, but on most "modern" vehicles the heater temp is controlled by opening and closing a flap on the side of heater box so check for that area.
In the old days a lever controlled a water tap to alter flow to the heater.
Apart from this side of it I assume the engine temp gets up to normal around 90 degrees Centigrade and the heat you feel on the top hose corresponds with the two pipes going through the bulkhead to the heater matrix/radiator, just in case anything has been blocked off or bypassed due to a leaking heater radiator , which does happen with older vehicles.:)

Back