General Sedici Replacement

Currently reading:
General Sedici Replacement

Nello

Established member
The Sedici will be replaced in around 18 months time with the Fiat 500X - an SUV 500!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop/fiat-500x-suv-revealed

fiat-500x.jpg

More images of the Sedici replacement - the Fiat 500X - rumoured price in the UK will be £14k

500x-front.jpg

500x-rear.jpg

They've done some weird things with the styling here. From the back it looks square and angular like a Crysler 300C but on the front its all rounded like... A 500.

Think they've done the right thing by making it a variant of the 500 cos that will get the sales in, but looks to cutesy for me. Even though he Countryman is naff it would be a better option than this for me.

Perhaps it's just because it's in a weird light purple that I don't like it!

Also I read that Jeep will take a chassis to have their own badged version. Wonder if the styling will be any better on that...

Fiat 500 did win the European Car of the Year 2008 :)

But maybe worth thinking about their recent performance if your gonna upgrade....

According to the JD Power Reliability survey 2012 worst car brands

Top 4 worst are....

1. Chevrolet (Fiat owned)
2. Vauxhall (Fiat/GM owned)
3. Fiat
4. Suzuki

According to the 2012 JD Power Dealer Satisfaction Survey based on car brand dealer customer service

Top 5 worst are...

1. Chevrolet (Owned by Fiat)
2. Fiat
3. Mazda (In 2012, Fiat formed an alliance with Mazda to develop and build a new roadster for the Mazda and Alfa Romeo brands)
4. Vauxhall (Fiat/GM owned)
5. Suzuki!!!!!

Grief springs to mind!!!!

I find it difficult to scale without something to measure it against. From one angle it looks like a wide-bodied 500 after a broadside shunt. The next SX4 is argued to be growing to Qashqai size. (Pics anyone?)

The JD survey makes interesting reading – particularly when looking at the categories, it seems even Lexus owners get hacked-off over some elements. I find some of the marking boundaries between the classes very tight – e.g. sometimes <1%. I think you have to think-on-it as a collection of subjective views. What I’d like to know is when folks were presumably asked to come-up with a mark for their make/model – what were they measuring it against. A Ka can be measured against a 500, a GP against a Corsa, a Croma against a Vectra – but unless you’ve owned both, you’re just tossing-out subjective opinion.

Some of the associations I don’t understand. Chevrolet with FIAT? Mazda have been in-bed with Ford – Suzuki with VW.

"Some of the associations I don’t understand. Chevrolet with FIAT? Mazda have been in-bed with Ford – Suzuki with VW."

:) You're right Caravadossi.... my mistake. Chevrolet and Vauxhall are owned by General Motors not Fiat.
Should have written GM owned... sorry to all... too many late nights at the mo.... still not gonna buy one though. :p

Possibly the new SX4....

Maruti-Suzuki-mini-SUV.jpg

Back