General Major Headlight Issues with 500c

Currently reading:
General Major Headlight Issues with 500c

ziggenpuss

Hello everyone, and I thank anyone and everyone who can help me navigate and find a solution to this issue, and my apologies if it is posted somewhere else and I just haven't been able to find the thread with the solution if there is one...

Firstly the car is a 2015 500c pop, which we bought for my daughter last year, recently (late Feb) the passenger side headlight went dark, so we replaced the bulb, it worked and she drove back to college, when she came to visit 2 weeks later, noticed that it was out again, after trying to remove the bulb to check , noticed the bulb socket was melted to the assembly connecter, after careful prying loose, we saw that the headlight assembly connection was DOA, so we bought a replacement assembly from a local junkyard, installed it with a new bulb and it was working perfectly, now it is two days later and the headlight is out again, immediately we check the light and it is not hot or melted but not working, change bulb, not working , buy a brand new set of 9012 from auto zone, and try them both not working, at this point I am at a total loss, had to send her back to school with one working headlight, any suggestions, help or advice or similar experiences with this type of headlight issue is greatly appreciated, we are hoping that we can DIY this with the help of a wise and experienced fiat owner navigating our way, thanks again for any information and input!

Hello a few possibilities
Blown fuse( separate for left and right)
Poor earth other lights in the same cluster may still work giving a false impression of ok
No supply(broken wire)
Melted connector or corroded on rear of light cluster itself
The USA cars are different to the eu so info is more limited

Hello a few possibilities
Blown fuse( separate for left and right)
Poor earth other lights in the same cluster may still work giving a false impression of ok
No supply(broken wire)
Melted connector or corroded on rear of light cluster itself
The USA cars are different to the eu so info is more limited
Thanks so much, I appreciate the insight!

Back