General Gear knob replacement

Currently reading:
General Gear knob replacement

Big Bad Boris

The top of my daughters gear knob broke off in her hand today.

Any suggestions on where to source a decent replacement, the reviews for items on EBay and Amazon etc are to say the least mixed.

I imagine this is a common problem given the plastic construction of the knob, so hopefully someone may have a suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

Kevan aka Big Bad Boris

…To add it is a 2016 500s and the base of the knob assembly appears to be held on by a decent sized bolt.

The top of my daughters gear knob broke off in her hand today.

Any suggestions on where to source a decent replacement, the reviews for items on EBay and Amazon etc are to say the least mixed.

I imagine this is a common problem given the plastic construction of the knob, so hopefully someone may have a suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

Kevan aka Big Bad Boris

…To add it is a 2016 500s and the base of the knob assembly appears to be held on by a decent sized bolt.
I replaced mine with one like this genuine type;
Mine is in ivory to match my interior but black should be available.
1712375491120.png
1712375692128.png

Nice feel and it attaches with an Allen bolt on either side, under the chrome caps. Very secure - been fitted several years now. You've already done the hard part - getting the top of the old one off.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, the Fiat accessories one appears to be for 2012-15 vehicles? Also I’m not sure she wants to shell out £100 for a replacement….that said it looks like they are out of stock anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions, the Fiat accessories one appears to be for 2012-15 vehicles? Also I’m not sure she wants to shell out £100 for a replacement….that said it looks like they are out of stock anyway.
Fair enough. There are plenty of cheaper options, some that simply bolt in like the original. Have a look here;
I've found this source reliable, inexpensive and generally products tend to be of acceptable/good quality.

Something to watch for; a car here can be deemed un-roadworthy if it doesn't have the shift pattern displayed, either on the knob or on the dashboard. I have nothing on mine but we don't have an equivalent of your MOT so it's unlikely ever to be an issue...:cool:

Finally, is it feasible to glue the old gear knob top back on with epoxy or something? 🙃

Thanks for the replies, seems the options are to pay a fortune for a fiat OEM replacement or wait several weeks for something to come from China which may or may not fit.

Hence, I went with the super glue option, I first repaired the top that came off which was cracked.. then glued the whole thing back in place. Seems a good job and I managed not to glue my fingers together during the process.. which is always a bonus 😊

Thanks for the replies, seems the options are to pay a fortune for a fiat OEM replacement or wait several weeks for something to come from China which may or may not fit.

Hence, I went with the super glue option, I first repaired the top that came off which was cracked.. then glued the whole thing back in place. Seems a good job and I managed not to glue my fingers together during the process.. which is always a bonus 😊
Good job its probably stronger than the rest of the car now!:rolleyes:😂

Back