Technical What happens if you remove ABS fuse ??

Currently reading:
Technical What happens if you remove ABS fuse ??

steverich

Hey Guys,
Anyone know what happens f you drive without ABS fuse in 1.9 jtd 2000 multi ?

Will it cause any long term probs? i.e computer goin crazy and stupid re set bills??

Cheers guys

The ABS light will come on, and the ABS won't work.

That's about it.

Although bear in mind that ABS equipped vehicles do not have a rear load sensing valve, relying instead on the ABS system to prevent the rear wheels locking up under heavy braking with no load at the back.

I have the ABS warning light on and am trying to find out why. An OBD II reader says no fault codes. Looking for the fuse but my layout is not as the manual or https://fusesdiagram.com/fiat/fuse-box-diagram-fiat-multipla.html.

Anyone know where the 10A ABS fuse is in 1.9 JTD 2008? Or seen different engine compartment fuse box layouts?

In case anyone can also advise as to what the problem is. The ABS warning does not always come on during a drive but normally does, sometimes as soon as the engine checks are done, other times not for many miles of driving.

Thanks,

To read the ABS code, you need a dedicated OBD reader, either the dealer unit, or usually an expensive subscription based service.
However, there is an answer. A program called MultiECUscan (MES).
Quite a few on here have this, and many have offerred to help others. There's a thread dedicated to those helpers. https://www.fiatforum.com/directory/categories/multiecuscan-register.4/
Alternatively, tell us where you are, someone may be local.

How annoying. Had a look and does not seem to be anyone near by (in Monmouth) but I may have to take to local garage and hope they have the necessary parts. Odd that fuse box does not match the manual.
Thanks to all for help,

@varesecrazy can you help in Monmouth?

Fuse boxes often get changed around, but the lead time for printing new handbooks is longer, and they use up all the old books. Happens with all makes, and has done for years.
Fusebox lid might show a diagram, and whilst this might be vague, comparing with the handbook might locate the ABS fuse.

How annoying. Had a look and does not seem to be anyone near by (in Monmouth) but I may have to take to local garage and hope they have the necessary parts. Odd that fuse box does not match the manual.
Thanks to all for help,

I am @25 miles away from Monmouth, but do travel that way periodically

Member @jackwhoo is generally good on the Multipla kit

I will watch this to see what is suspected.

I am the other side of Abergavenny..

Hi,

Finding the fuse is not likely to help.

Under the passenger seat(remove drawer if you have one) is an orange wiring connector(front left as you sit in seat) , with key off carefully disconnect (they will be a tab to release to enable disconnect) reconnect and disconnect several times. After reconnecting for last time , turn key on and see if and light now out.

Let us know how you get on.

A generic obd2 reader is not able to connect to abs ecu

@varesecrazy
MES can connect but an adapter is required- A3 adapter from memory but that must be checked.

Best wishes
Jack

EDIT........ Sorry everyone the above is nothing to do with ABS at all .

You will have to get a scan using MES

Last edited:
Sorry all for some reason I posted the answer to the most common air bag light NOT ABS

MES , KL interface with A1 adapter

Later multijet possibly ELM interface with A1

Thanks to all for their suggestions and ideas. @varesecrazy if you come out this way and feel you have a few minutes to have a look that would be much appreciated. Or if you felt that me coming to Abergavenny would be OK then let me know as I, rarely, go that way as well. I have had this problem for many months. It did not occur during the MOT but may well this time so should start looking into it nowish. Thanks,

Thanks to all for their suggestions and ideas. @varesecrazy if you come out this way and feel you have a few minutes to have a look that would be much appreciated. Or if you felt that me coming to Abergavenny would be OK then let me know as I, rarely, go that way as well. I have had this problem for many months. It did not occur during the MOT but may well this time so should start looking into it nowish. Thanks,

Hi Joe,

I can do Friday 24th @4pm

If that works for you, reply to the message I tried to send you

Click on your username 😉

Back