Just found this place

Currently reading:
Just found this place

Yadkin

I was on fiatspider dot com for several years. It had slowed down a lot and has been offline for several weeks now.

I've had a '74 Spider since I found it in a garage and the the owner offered it to me at a great price. It needed rust repair- both front shock towers had to be replaced. I've been pleased with the availability and price of replacement parts.

I do most of the restoration work myself, but no body work or paint. I have a friend who owns a shop and he's done all that, stripped the car down to base metal and repiainted it in its OEM blue. I pulled the engine out, disassembled it into major assemblies, all new gaskets and seals, then painted it close to its original color. The project has taken a back seat for several years due to more pressing concerns, most recently downsizing from two homes down to one, then an addition.

Most of the work is completed. I completely redid the electrical system, starting with a generic kit from Painless and adding on to it. I completely redid the dash, including a carved solid walnut panel to replace the flat plywood. All that's left is installing shoulder seat belts and then installing the interior. Hopefully I can get that done soon and enjoy the car this summer.

Back