Tuning CV joints installation

Currently reading:
Tuning CV joints installation

gordinir8

Established member
Couple of months ago i got a failure in one of my sliding axle joints (or whatever you call those) Broke in two and i decided to install CV joints in order to eliminate known problems with elastic joints. A week after a kit made by Homokinetic arrived and installed after about 2-3 hours. The guy named Sergio from Italy that sold those to me told me that he has install this kit to his GSXR powered fiat 126 100HP with no problems so this but also the low offered price was enough for me. There are a few types available and this one is using the original sliding spline joints, you might don't like this but remember there are is no tension anymore between the wheel axle and gearbox axle so i guess damaging to the spline will be linted, more like normal. What i noticed after a few days of operation and probably that was the reason my old cup broke in two is that with elastic joints at speeds over 45-50 km/h (you can't imagine what was happening at 90-100/h) there was a great vibration on my shifter, i mean very tense and i thought that was from the tuned 2 cylinder engine. Well after the installation of those CV joints everything became dead smooth. Meaning my elastic joints where deformed and not running true. I believe this was the reason of the vibration, possibly all three bolts got loose and last one broke it. Also i had a spline damage before since the whole unit was under stress. This is it more or less, time will show how this is going to be in the future but so far i am happy with it.
Thomas

Attachments

• mtNCn9EY.jpg
    mtNCn9EY.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 0Bd2eymB.jpg
    0Bd2eymB.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 6MSrPaTr.jpg
    6MSrPaTr.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 22
  • XJTFrjbD.jpg