General Front bumper

Currently reading:
General Front bumper

themikeyd

Hey all,
Firstly thank god I found this forum I have been looking for ages for something like it.
Main Point though, does anyone have a front bumper for a reasonable price or swaps for something else. I have 3 cars but no front bumper due to the other 2 having front damage and the main one being a limited edition with black bumpers( which i hate)
Thanks for any help
Mike

http://www.laursen-online.dk/x1-9/cat-uk/karosseri.html

Fiat uno 1.3l 247 hp
Fiat x1/9 2.0 16v turbo
Fiat x1/9 original

I've got both black and silver type 1500 bumpers if you are passing my way (Gloucester), only minor beer tokens required.
Drop me a mail if you want one or other of them.
[email protected]
Regards,

Jason.

X1/9 Turbo, X1/9 1300
Tipo 1.9 TD
Alfa 164 Cloverleaf
Hows that for odd stablemates?

Maybe one of you can help me. I have a 1979 x1/9. I hate the bumpers on the car and my front bumper has a lip in the middle of that rubber sheet on top of the bumper. i am looking to remove the bumper. Can one of you possibly post some instructions on how to do so? it would be much appreciated. Thanx

Richard

1. Disconnect bumper mounted lights etc
2. Undo the bolts connecting the bumper to the mounting posts (4 bolts on each bumper.
3. Undo the large bolts that secure the mounting posts into their tubes (you may have to disconnect the radiator hoses to get at the front ones.
4. Slacken off the clamping bolts immediately below the towing hooks.
5. Unbolt the front spoiler trim.
6. Find and undo all the bolts that hold on the end pieces and the top trim - the ones behind the headlights are quite tricky.
7. Use brute force and ignorance to pull the rusty bumper mounting posts from their rusty tubes (watch in horror as your beautiful car sheds flakes of rust like Autumn leaves ... sorry)
8. Work out how you are going to fill the gaping hole in front of the radiator and mount the now homeless indicators.
9. Enjoy your car not looking like a Volvo anymore!

Cheers
Dave

sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone know how to remove the bumpers on the 1300

Back