General Saratoga Top replicas!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Saratoga Top replicas!!!!!

murcielagoGTR

... Hi all! This is a little project that myself and another Xweb-er are undertaking. We are taking pre-order info for a Saratoga style top for the X1/9 called Ovid-top. The tops will be made from 1/4in (6.35mm) UV protected plexi/lexan. (original Toga's were only 5mm thick). Since Saratoga tops are so rare, making a dirrect replica, moulds, etc... is near impossible, so a stock X1/9 top is to be donated to the factory for all meassurement, fit & finish, etc..... The new tops will be dirrect replacement parts, and e basiclly a smoked "black smoke" version of the stock top, so OE quality and reliability can be exspected. Tops will use stock mounting hardware, and rubber mouldings. (to be supplied buy buyer) though this may change if cost effective. Note: this is a preorder type query. the manufacture requires X-amount of comitted potential buyers for production to begin. the more support and comitted orders presented the lower the cost and more liklyness of a production reality. I am to be the North American importer/distributer and all orders are to go through me. (tops will be made in Romania) all north American tops will be assigned a serial# for future "where are they now" info and a redgistry will be made most likly on Xweb forum. for all that are interested please email me dirrectly w/ questions,([email protected]) and please include your mailing address info and country if aplicable, so i can pass it on to Ovi, my european partner. thanks mike

up date!!!!!!!!
please note to all, that i am the head of this project, and all questions concerning this go through me , and only me!! this was originally a project that started on Xweb, but i felt compelled to include my european family on this as well(y) thanks Mike

[email protected]

Hi I know it has been a long while but did you get anywhere with making these
Cheers

Back