Technical 1985 X1/9 fuel injection

Currently reading:
Technical 1985 X1/9 fuel injection

lindakkemp

I have a 1985 X1/9 and we are having trouble getting it run right when you give a lot of gas it bogs, we need to know how to adjust the fuel injection system. Any help would be appreciated.

The injection system is basically the same Bosch system as fitted to the Mk I Uno Turbo. The fuelling is handled by an analogue system so there is no scope for remapping - there isnt a map to start with.

The beauty of a system like this is that it is very, very reliable. If the system is bogging down as you describe it is likely to be the result of a problem with one of the sensors rather than the management system itself. My first likely culprit is going to be the ignition timing though (another independent management system this time from Magneti Marelli).

Well, the Uno Turbo system is definitely a mapped system, though I suppose it has some analogue inputs (coolant temp, airflow) - most digital systems do!

Maybe the vacuum pipes need checking? A vacuum leak might be leading to a lean-running condition so that when the throttle opens, the rush of air causes the engine to bog down.

Or, perhaps the airflow meter is sticking? This is the primary input for the injection system (the throttle position sensor is in fact just a switch for idle and full-throttle. I think it would be worth swapping the airflow meter for a known-good spare.

-Alex

alexGS said:
Well, the Uno Turbo system is definitely a mapped system, though I suppose it has some analogue inputs (coolant temp, airflow) - most digital systems do!

Maybe the vacuum pipes need checking? A vacuum leak might be leading to a lean-running condition so that when the throttle opens, the rush of air causes the engine to bog down.

Or, perhaps the airflow meter is sticking? This is the primary input for the injection system (the throttle position sensor is in fact just a switch for idle and full-throttle. I think it would be worth swapping the airflow meter for a known-good spare.

-Alex

Sorry Alex but the MkI UT used an analogue Bosch Jetronic system - most definitely NOT digital and absolutely no way is it mappable at least not in any convetional sense! Only the later models came with anything resembling a mappable digital system

Back