General Lowering Springs

Currently reading:
General Lowering Springs

Mr. X

Got them installed today on my X and man do they look great!!! I snapped a picture of the front end and will eventually figure out how to post them here...

Also I have just completely removed my old brown dash and gauges and installed a newer all black dash to help match the new black carpet and red exterior... I was even able to save and reinstall the dash badge that say "Bertone b" Ohwell maybe tomorrow I can get the rear lowering springs and finish that little chore up...

:D
1980 X1/9 "Celeste"

"Real men love hugging tight curves"

Have you figured out how to post the pics already? I have also lowered my X1/9 bot I thing I did it to extreme. Now comfort at all anymore. So I am looking for other lowering springs

Edwin

I`d like to lower my X for about 5 or mayby 6 cm. Are there springs on other cars that will olso fit the struth of the X?
I have a little problem with finding lowering springs...
See ya!!
Leon

Why not just simply cut the factory spring you have if you are not looking to increase the springs stiffness... The first pair I used were a cut pair and they did real nice until I started pushing her into and out of the corners really hard. I have an extra pair of stock springs that I would be willing to part with...

I only have a couple pics of the springs comparing the two off the car and then a lowered pics of the front... I should really do more and get some pics for you...

0-picture.jpg

2-picture2.jpg

Later Daze,
Eric Flowers:D
1980 X1/9 "Celeste"

"Real men love hugging tight curves"[}:)]

Old brown dash? Is it cracked? If not, I'd like to
buy it from you for my 85, if you'll willing.

Thanks,
SteveB from NJ

Why not try resetting springs instead of cutting them?

If you take your springs to any good spring works, they will mount them in a jig to compress them, then put them into the oven, when they cool down, hey presto, shorter springs, but with the same rate as before.

Cutting them is not good practice, Fiat springs have closed winds on the ends, allowing them to seat properly on the spring perches. if you cut them it leaves an open 'tail' not letting the spring sit sqarely, and able to slip off.

Steve Cecchele

where can u buy lowering springs for a fiat? and do fiats have stuts or shocks? i dont have one yet but im buying one from a friend in the spring :)

Back