General Shifter is sloppy and clutch isnt responsive

Currently reading:
General Shifter is sloppy and clutch isnt responsive

Imbroke

Hi I recently just started working on my x19 it runs and is in fair shape it has it's own problems but it's got some major ones I wanna get fixed. The shifter is pretty sloppy it's got a hard time going into reverse and 4th gear. When I'm driving it's fine and doesn't really get stuck but when I'm stationary it's a pain in the ass. I've looked at the lollipop and its tight and isnt loose but the bar that connects to the shifter has a lot of play and moves around alot dont know if this is the problem or not. The next problem is that the clutch pedal isn't very responsive I have to push it all the way down to even shift gears and its kindve annoying I'd like to adjust it so that it engages halfway when i push down on the clutch instead of all the way to the floor. Any advice or help is appreciated thanks.

Be sure the clutch hydraulics are bled. There is a bleed screw on the slave above the transmission and the reservoir is under the hood on the right side.
Also, there is a pushrod from the clutch slave cylinder above the transmission that has adjustment. Lengthening this rod by moving the rounded bolt away from the slave cylinder may help.

I found that altering the length of the lollipop using its slots helped me regain 4th and reverse. However I still jump out of 4th on a light throttle, so more adjustment needed. I replaced the lollipop for hood measure too.

Cheers
RDS

Back