Styling X1/9 lower rear grill

Currently reading:
Styling X1/9 lower rear grill

Hi Guys.

I have an 850 spider from early 1973, so it was probably built during the crossover to X1/9 production, and as its a Bertone product i thought it appropriate to ask some x1/9 owners if you could help

Im looking to ventilate the engine bay a little more than it is and I'm looking to change the panel between the rear lights for a ventilated one for air access, now the X1/9 black metal rear lower grill could be used provided the size is larger than the area i have.

would anyone be able to measure the rear grill on their car for me an post the size here.

i'm looking for overall length and height and only if possible approximate depth.

many thanks.

kind regards

Tim(850 nut) plus couple of pandas

Hi Tim. The grille measures 825mm long, 120mm high and 15mm deep. The three fixing bars are positioned one down the centre of the grille and the others 20mm from each end. Hope this is useful. Ian

Hi Iggy

that's great info, includes the fixing bar positions too.

Many thanks, best i dive out to the garage and look based on those sizes.

many thanks

Tim

Hi Iggy

It looks like its likely to work, the grille has an intermediate upright between the ends and the middle and it looks like i can reduce my width and loose the end fixings and make small holes in the intermediate uprights. i will have to loose one of the horizontals from 120mm down to 100mm for my application.

i will start my search for a rear grille unless anyone knows of a rear grill with a damaged end up to 150mm from either end or with one top or bottom rail missing.

great news

thanks again

Tim

Back