General URGENT X1/9 roof request East Yorkshire!

Currently reading:
General URGENT X1/9 roof request East Yorkshire!

GGX19

Picture this. Driving along motorway in noticeable wind tonight, pitch black, X1/9 candle lights on, driving to Hull East Yorkshire on memory. Then whoosh - no roof. First time that's happened to me in 30 years of ownership. No chance to backtrack, just hope it flew over to side rather than causing any accidents, though it'd be nice to reclaim it...
Now the request. Has anybody either got a spare somewhere near, or even one they could lend me for a day or two? As of tonight am hiding it in a completely insecure multi storey car park in Hull's Old Town, open to whoever wanders through. And if I take it out it'll resemble a paddling pool within minutes. Even if somebody has their own car in a nice warm garage, any chance I could borrow theirs? A hopeless request am sure, but I'm the eternal optimist! Many thanks, Glenn @ Hull Trinity Backpackers.

Hi,
You might try posting an ad in the parts wanted section of the forum.
(the last X1/9 roof for sale was back in 2014!)

A bit of a longshot, you might try sending a pm to a member on here - 'sledgehammer', who iirc has broken 1 or more X1/9's for parts.

Al.

If your still looking I've a couple to choose from. £50. Located at the top end of Northamptonshire.

I Think F123C is not bothered any more
I don't now why I bother sometimes to try and help
LUIGI

Hold on there, Luigi.
F123C here, I didn't start this thread, GGX19 posted an urgent plea for help in locating a roof for his X1/9. See post #1.

As no one else had responded in 24 hrs, I replied with a couple of suggestions to try to help him.

I don't have an X1/9. I'm not the one looking for an X1/9 roof.

Thanks for the misdirected criticism :rolleyes:

Al.

Last edited:
Back