Technical Handbrake WARNING LIGHT (MORE)

Currently reading:
Technical Handbrake WARNING LIGHT (MORE)

RDS

Hello all

I've looked at the owner's manual but remain confused re the H/B warning light.
Does it stay on and steady when the h/b is applied or flash?
Hoes does the low brake fluid sensor manifest itself: on continuously or flash when low on fluid?

can anyone be 100% on this please?

cheers

RDS

100% the handbrake light flashes.

I’ll have to check the low brake fluid light bu5 I’m sure it’s on steady...

BTW do your headlights pop,up,when you flash them? Standard is they don’t...

Hello Neg

ok, i'm pleased that there is a flashing light then!

Yes please check re the fluid tester and advise.

Flash: I am sure that's what happened and the Bertone owner's manual is a bit vague but i believe implies it too. I hope to get to the car tomorrow and have a play with that...

If it doesn't, i'd like to have that option to flash some driving lights that i've fitted (but not wired in) under the front bumper. This needs a new thread really but does anyone have any wiring diagram for this? Also there was mention elsewhere about terminals on the headlamp in the pod that can bee used as a feed??

cheers

RDS

Hi RDS, the brake fluid warning light comes on steady.....

Hello Neg rain stopped play today so unable to check flash. Will do so at weekend all being well.

Thanks for info on brake fluid level.

Adding that info to the fact that handbrake warning light flashes when off leads me to conclude that if light flashes when handbrake is clearly off, the switch or wiring to it is faulty. It's stopped but I'll check that too.

Cheers
RDS

If it doesn't, i'd like to have that option to flash some driving lights that i've fitted (but not wired in) under the front bumper. This needs a new thread really but does anyone have any wiring diagram for this? Also there was mention elsewhere about terminals on the headlamp in the pod that can bee used as a feed??

cheers

RDS

I fitted a pair of driving lights, under the bumper - as you say, there are mounting holes already there. If you look in the 'well' behind the headlights, you should find a spur off the loom with a green and black (I think) pair of wires, with male/female bullet connectors. Just connect to your new lights and they will come on with main beam and consequently will flash :)

HTH

Hello Steve

many thanks for this; did you remove the "well" covers in the front trunk to see the connectors? All i can see otherwise is a rubber boot over the rear of the bulb with very little access.

Also, I wonder if we are at cross purposes: I'd like the flash to occur with the pods down too ie in daylight. Does what you propose allow this or is the flash via the driving lights only possible when the headlight pods are up?

Sorry to be a bit dense tonight!

RDS

many thanks for this; did you remove the "well" covers in the front trunk to see the connectors? All i can see otherwise is a rubber boot over the rear of the bulb with very little access.

Yes, need to remove the covers in the 'frunk"!! You'll see a whole mass of wires and their earthing point, and likely a bit of rust too! You might need to fish around but you should find a branch off the main loom that comes into the well which is not connected.

Also, I wonder if we are at cross purposes: I'd like the flash to occur with the pods down too ie in daylight. Does what you propose allow this or is the flash via the driving lights only possible when the headlight pods are up?

Sorry to be a bit dense tonight!

It has been 8 years since I actually drove the car, but I think they flashed; if I get the chance, I'll give it a try (the car is being stripped, but the lights are on the bench and I can connect a battery). I don't think the wiring would inhibit main bean with the pods down - seems a it advanced for an 80's (70's) car.

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve

many thanks for educating me as to the term "frunk" - most amusing!

I have to travel to my car to do anything so yes if you are able to advise in advance that would be very appreciated!

best wishes

RDS

Re: Handbrake WARNING LIGHT (MORE) and headlamp flash

Hello Steve

I've altered the title of this thread in the hope that it is useful to others also.

I managed to get to the car today, opened the frunk and removed the headlamp pod covers.

quite dry in there considering and yes, i found the male/female connectors which you mentioned. I'll hook up to those if i can find a supplier of new connectors. Any idea who?

Also, the headlamps do not swing up (as i had thought) when using the flash on the stalk so this mod is worth doing. I did head the relay click though.

Thanks for your assistance.

RDS

Back