General Poor mans Stratos...

Currently reading:
General Poor mans Stratos...

Best look at this
5164377387_d36bf5fe7d_o_zpsd9b7df3a.jpg

Looks Better Than a stratos IMO...

sorry for hijacking your thread liquid night, Thats a wonderful car out there you are building. Eagerly following it.

And purf, can you enlighten me which is that beautiful little red car? coz i saw one last week in an autocross race and it ate every participant for breakfast,lunch and dinner and was frigging fast, crushing an abarth punto s2000 in the finals . i couldn't make it out as it was fully debadged,devoid of identity !

Its the Dellara kit but its not 100% complete. It still has the original headlights. id love I've like that. Looks darn good if you ask me, better than the eliminator.

Colour good, wheels good, car gooood...

I read the dellara body was styled by Bertone.

The car in the photo is in the US and I believe the owner on xwebforums.

This was the one i saw and am pretty darn sure it was not running the stock I-4 engine , must ve been some V-6 transplant.:eek: Its the first time I'm seeing this and I ve fallen for it, its gonna come to my dream garage for sure :D .
now feeling jealous of you man :cool: .. respects to you:worship:

Attachments

• IMG_20141207_142728765_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141207_142728765_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
P1X V6

Doable and with a Buso 3.2 or 3.7...

...awesome.

However the Alfa V6 is a pest to fit. New or modified wishbones to clear the block, rear bulkhead cut out and braced so an IVA/SVA will be required in the UK.

I've been looking at more modern versions of the 128 block series of Fiat engines. Mostly the Punto HGT as it appears to be the most straight forward but for V6 performance and bullet proof reliability I'd go for a SAAB 2.3 Turbo. The exhaust and turbo bits would sit in the spare wheel well and intercooling from the drivers side vent. Have a look at my mates Reliant Kitten...

https://www.youtube.com/user/froggyv8/videos

...and imagine that in a car that handles. ;)

I'm supposed to be pulling the interior out of my X1/9 today but instead I'm thinking of this...

...for my Alfa to get rid of the tailgaters. ;)

nice, if you were driving the people maybe wouldn't tail gate as much because of the smell :p

nice vid although i couldn't help skipping to the end...

my X backfires on the overrun since i fitted the Tempra engine - I think its due to a faulty engine/ecu temp sensor which is making it over fuel, like its on cold start all the time. I have a suspicion that flames might be visible as its sometimes quite a bang.

New sensor is on the way though as it also causes occasional hesitation when the ecu is trimming the fuel...

To assist you with stripping the interior, the bracing behind the front console looks really cool with the trim removed. Its nice to work on a car that isn't all plastic and nasty cheap under the surface.

Iv also got 2 new CV joints on the way, i didn't realise know there were 4 cvs on the diveshafts of the 1500 and I think I can replace the CV's without undoing the hub nuts! or even jacking the car up at all! :) I will see

I've been chasing the electrical fault with the Alfa GTV. The interior fan hasn't worked since the day I bought it and it's down to the fuse box having melted a bit due to condensation. A common issue apparently and an easy fix so long as you have a spare fuse box handy.

Another weekend without a spanner being turned on my X1/9 or Panda. The GTV's days are numbered.

In the meantime I need a little inspiration. ;)

I though 250 for my engine and gearbox was cheap!
Is it local to you? I never knew the 16v coupe was the same lampredi engine! Suppose the barchetta is the same also?

Its a bit of a sacrafice as I guess its one of the easier coupe's to maintain.

I never knew the 16v coupe was the same lampredi engine!
I would be cautious guys.... 1.8 16v{ 82x82.7mm}{punto hgt, barchetta, bravo, brava ,coupe, delta derda etc...} is different new construction, it is not related with any sohc or dohc lampredi engines , but thad doesn't mean that lampredi sohc or dohc gearbox would not mate the 1.8 16v without the flange, maby it will? but it is not obvious considering it is not from the lampredi sohc/dohc family.

There was 1.8 16v lampredi engine , code 160A5000....{84x79.2mm} but only in early fiat tipo sport, and it is completely different engine than 1.8 16v from barchetta,coupe...... it is old good revvy dohc lampredi without hydraulic tappets and problematic variable inlet valves timing, but still stronger than barchetta engine (y)And ofcourse 1.8 16v from 124/131 abarth{ competizione, not sradale}, but it was early 70's

Last edited:
punto, tempra dedra etc.. 1.6 8v 90hp mpi or any 1.6 16v mpi from bravo brava marea, palio siena etc{range from + - 90 to 104 hp}... are bolt on job to the x1/9 128 rtmo regata etc small lampredi gearboxes { 1100 to 1500 ccm}

My friend has 104 hp 1.6 16v from bravo mated with 4 gears box{4.07:1 like in x1/9} in his zastava 1100{yugoslavian 128 hatchback} (y)

Hmmmm...

I have been offered an ex-Police Interceptor spec' Volvo V70 T5R for scrap money. The whole subframe unbolts from the front and could be adapted to fit the X1/9 mounting points (I originally thought a T5 would be a better 20V Turbo conversion for my Alfa GTV) how hard could it be? ;)

Back