Technical Heat insulation

Currently reading:
Technical Heat insulation

shaun

Established member
Can i remove the engine bay insulation as mine is ripped,or will the heat effect anything

I'm also interested in knowing what sort of material is used, since my inner insulation is also ripped. I would guess that no insulation would make a really warm and stuffy car. But the key question is, is it asbestos-free?

Never thought about that ppalma,as the manifold and exhaust are the other side of the engine i don't think heat would be much of a problem just the noise.I was thinking of covering it with sound deadening pads to keep the noise down and what heat came into the cabin would be a bonus for us Brits at the moment lol

The insulation is still available new - it is basically a standard sheet available off the roll. The face is heat reflective aluminium with a mineral wool insulation mat behind it.

Do some hunting around and you'll find a shield that looks original - most have a different pattern on the face but there is quite a range to choose from...

For example: http://www.carinsulation.co.uk/prod..._faced_heat_insulation_for_boats_and_vehicles

Last edited:
Back