Technical No start 1981 1.5 fuel injected

Currently reading:
Technical No start 1981 1.5 fuel injected

jayshot

Car has been sitting for over 10 years. i pulled the engine re sealed everything and replaced most parts that would be regular maintnace. i have the intake off and fuel coming out of #4 injector but not the other 3 and when tested there is always power on the connector even when cranking, is this normal? secondly i have an eletronic ignition that is getting no spark. i have a new coil wires cap and rotor. what controls spark and fuel injection and is it the same unit? my noid lights dont flash, do they usually? i dont see a crank or cam sensor, how do these engines no what position they are in ( is it the modual)

-for the fuel if there is always power i am guessing that i will just need 3 new injectors?
- tested the pick up coil with an ohm meter and it has continuity
-:bang::bang::bang::bang:

The ignition and fuel get their triggers independently so it is very possible for one to work and not the other. The two systems are almost completely independent.

The injectors sound like they are seized up and yes, this is quite normal for a car that has been stood for any length of time. It should be possible to free them up again but if you're going to replace them I'd go with all four and save on some grief as the one that is working is unlikely to be in particularly good condition if the others have seized.

Try checking on xweb for more on-hand assistance.

The ignition and fuel get their triggers independently so it is very possible for one to work and not the other. The two systems are almost completely independent.

The injectors sound like they are seized up and yes, this is quite normal for a car that has been stood for any length of time. It should be possible to free them up again but if you're going to replace them I'd go with all four and save on some grief as the one that is working is unlikely to be in particularly good condition if the others have seized.

Try checking on xweb for more on-hand assistance.

Hello thanks for the info. So I will buy new injectors. Do you know if there should always be power at them? Cause my experience they should flash with power when needed to open the solinoid.

What triggers the coil?

There are two separate triggers, one triggering from the flywheel and one from the crank pulley. A bit of a bodge in my opinion but it was carried through to the Uno Turbo.

I really don't know about whether the injectors are always powered, it seems odd but I never messed around with mine. By the time I got a look at it the standard injection system had been ditched.

Ok thank you.. I will let you know what I figure out so it can help you help others.

Back