Tuning Uno turbo conversion completed

Currently reading:
Tuning Uno turbo conversion completed

Hi, both my X1/9 turbos were daily drivers on all types of roads, you should have no issues. There is not a lot of space (but there is not a lot of space for any of it!). If I can dig out some pics I'll let you know. By the way, what gears have you used?

It was well worth waiting for the pictures. Your car and workmanship is awesome.

Hvem vet kanskje vi ses på en X treff neste år Luckor.

Hilsen Norge

Hi SN77, what exactly do you mean by what gears I've used? Gearbox? I would absolutely appreciate if you could dig out some pics of your intercooler location!

2re: Thanks for your warming words! Och som du sa, vem vet, kanske ses vi någonstans på gränsen mellan Sverige och Norge i sommar!

Very nice! What size wheels have you used? And have you had it on a rolling road? I would like to know the horsepower you have.

Well done on a fantastic looking car.

Thanks again!

The wheel size is 5,5x14 ET17, tire 185/55x14. Rims custom made by Image Wheels in the UK, unfortunately I cannot recommend them. I've had huge problems getting them right due to bad tolerances.

The car has not been on a rolling road so I have no figures on paper, but given the parts I've used and with the boost pressure raised to 1 bar it should deliver somewhere around 130-140 horsepower. It surely feels like that at least! I'm a little worried about the gearbox and for how long it will cope ...

I had an Uno turbo ie many years ago that produced something like 140 hp - an amazing little car and the standard engine management just coped with the extra boost with no problems - other than disconnecting the boost limiter switch. The only problem that I had was with the high temperature hose from the turbo to the manifold having to be replaced every six months or so - could tell when it was starting to go by hearing a whistle. The gearbox gave zero problems but, of course, the strain on the transmission was self limited by wheelspin - could spin the front wheels at 4000 rpm in third gear, for instance.

Lovely job, by the way, this is what the X1/9 should have been all along.

Back