Technical '81 X1/9 engine swap questions

Currently reading:
Technical '81 X1/9 engine swap questions

Otep

first off, thank you for looking at my first post.

I have two x1/9s :D the one that is in semi-running conditions (3 or 4 years ago?) is an 81. the questions i have are semi-technical but any response is very much appreciated!

a little insight about the purpose of the x is in order. my grandfather was the one who put the idea in my head mind you! my grandfather was massivly into off road rallies. so i wanted to make this into a drift car. enough on the background, here are my questions.

1) The 91 mr2 single turbo motor is damn near bolt in as far as i've been lead to believe. both cars are MRs (mid engine, rear wheel drive) similiar in size and shape etc.

how well (and easily for that matter) dose this engine swap work?

2) the 13b... i remember reading about a rotary x1/9 in California a few years back but the owner never responded to my e-mails :( but, what trans, gear box, drive shaft etc is also needed to make this work?

also, how would the engine mount and sit in the rear of the car. before or after the axle? will this mess with the weight distribution way too much?

again, thank you for your time reading though this and thank you in advance for any and all help!

-Will

Back