General Faran Eliminator

Currently reading:
General Faran Eliminator

Pilp

Hello again
The more i look at my X the more questions i have.....
It has the Faran kit on it, it also has the lancia 2ltr engine fitted with the blue cradle supporting it.
Is there any way of telling if it is a factory built Faran?
Ive got an msa log book stating that it was built to rally in 1995 but im wondering if it started its life in this guise (with the bodykit and engine) or was built to this spec when it was issued with its competition logbook.
Hope this makes sense to someone!
Phil

all i know is that the faran eliminator did have a body kit and a 2ltr lancia engine. Lovely cars but very questionable build quality. If you had a new one it probably paid to take it apart and rebuild it properly. Bit like any BL car.

Some pics would be nice.........

I would suggest getting in touch with a guy called Dave Potts - he knows pretty much everything there is to know about the Farans, he even owns a few...

Try looking him up at the sporting fiats club.

i recently bought a faran eliminator[once the demo car for the faran car company] and wondered if anyone might know if the distributor is a marelli and if so what model and what are the appropriate contact breker points and condenser for it.my faran is missing the timing belt cover.anyone any ideas where i might obtain the approriate replacement.there are old pics of the engine bay on the sporting fiats club website under faran. any info would be much appreciated

Back