Technical Exhaust System

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust System

djsete

I am planning on putting headers on my 1978 x/19. The headers will terminate to a 3 bolt flange. Could anyone suggest a muffler for this application.

SET:e
1978 x/19

I am hopefully going to be doing a custom exaust for my 1980 X and have been looking a bit and talking a bit. I think I will go headers to a glass pack, because a glass pack is light and cheap compared to a supertrapp or flowmaster. I use the car 90% for autocross and that gives me what I need.

I do not know of all the options available for FIAT but it is going to depend on what you are using the car for, and if you need to pass any emission testings with it or not. If you are looking for a better RPM response (quicker acceleration, use if autocrossing) probably just go with some sort of glass pack, or maybe a supertrapp, they are very low flow resistance, but obviously can be quite loud. If you are looking for just a good solid power band for all your driving needs (if you are road racing or hwy crusing) you will want something that gives a bit more back pressure to the engine like a flow master, or a custom tuned muffler.

Either way you may want to call up your local custom exhaust guy and just chat to see what they recommed for your application. Good luck, and let us know what you come up with.

Also where are you planning on getting your headers from? And what did they run you?

KT
1980 Bertone
99 DSP

1980 X-1/9 Black
"Roxanne"

I am getting the headers from Vick Autosports. I have ordered parts from them before and like their service, They will run me $240.
I live in Wisconsin and do not need to worry about emissions.
What I want out of my car overall is faster accelleration and more POWER.
I will also be adding a free-flow air filter, Electronic ignition, and later a Weber 34 carb.

SET:e
1978 x/19

Vick's is a great place to get parts and tech advice. I have met them at the races in Brian college station, here in Texas. I have been emailing them about having my X's motor set up close to their race X's motor...

Brian H. before he left here to move up north, had a PBS header and a Flowmaster muffler on his X with Dual webers... man was it great to listen to...

Sorry to be so late in response, but I just got my wife her first X... Man the FI's are paked in there way to tight to get to anything...

Later Daze,
Eric Flowers:D
1980 X1/9 His
1984 X1/9 Her's
1977 Xrace X

"Real men love hugging tight curves"[}:)]

Back