General parts resourse

Currently reading:
General parts resourse

thedude

sorry to bug you all but i am having a really hard time finding parts for my fiat x19 :bang:. i need some suggestions

Thanks a million :worship:

glad to be here. im in America and i need performance parts like carbs and heads and thinks of that nature or a recommendation on a good engine swap candidate (preferably carburated) that can work with the five speed

thank you again

i will look at those too. this is going to sound random but would any of you know the dimensions of x19 engine compartment

Not off the top of my head, but if you're thinking engine swap the best bets for engines available in the US are (A) chrysler turbo, or (B) Honda B16, B18, K20. People have done both of these. Matt actualy does the K20 swap for people. I believe you'll lose a portion of the rear trunk on some (all?) of the Honda swaps. Other swaps are possible with additional work.

thanks for all this help i really appreciate it im new to the fiat community and have been floundering around the web for a while before i found you guys so again thanks for all the info wouldn't have been able to get started on a project i have been dreaming about since i was about twelve :worship:

Just got this message from a mate on the Fiat Coupe forum whose 'lost' his X today - if anyone is local and needs anything.......

X19 has today been scrapped (Gutted!) but the company that has got her is Morley Waste Traders (in Leeds or so I am lead to believe). Basically if you or the rest of the owners want any parts from a 1500 then give them a call. boot, engine cover and front bonnet all in VGC, all switches etc working, doors have seen better days....

Re: blank keys

hi, I got my keys cut at an old fashioned hardware store, however it wasn't a great success. The door key worked fine but the ignition key he had to fettle rather a lot, cutting the profile deeper by hand, even then it was very stiff in the ignition barrel. I suppose it is due to ware in the lock due to age. A little bit of lubrication using dry carbon (pencil lead) has helped things along. But I just keep using the key every so often and trying to easy it in the lock, i'm sure i'll get there in the end.

Some time ago, through a vendor on eBay, I had new keys cut by a fellow in Australia.

He did an awesome job as all I needed to provide was photos of my original key, and he was able to create new keys from the photos. They are newer style keys with the plastic head, and they work perfect, first time every time. (no fiddling to get it to turn)

I don't recall the vendors name, and I won't be able to research my archived e-mails as I'm presently working in Afghanistan, and won't be home for another 2 weeks. (28 Apr)

I'll monitor this post, and will reply with the info if you still need it.

Please PM me if I don't send the info by mid May.

Good luck,

Hi,
I was in Skopje in FYROM last Wednesday and got ones cut for doors and Ignition, look same as original, Zastava and Yugo use same blanks as old Fiat, I will be out again in July so can get some blanks if you want PM me for details, P.S. cost about €4 each, Tony

Attachments

• DSCF2974.JPG
    DSCF2974.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 119
Back