Technical engine is stopping when is hot

Currently reading:
Technical engine is stopping when is hot

shaolinx

Hi. I have my fiat x1/9 just 4 weeks. It is model '77. Ihave problem with my engine. Everything is perfect , till the engine is hot. then its start kicking on the road and if i put neutral, its stop. its more worst, if the engine is under load. i tried couple things to find the problem, but i am on the end ...
Have somebody idea what it can be???

thanx M

i must check it, whats happening with oil pressure ...

the car has fitted electronic ignition Luminition. the man who sell me the car did say nothing about this problem, can by problem with fuel type? i put in Maxol E5 unleaded (high octane??).

thanks

Hi I had a similar problem and it turned out to be blocked jets on the carb, ran fine when the choke was out but didn't want to know once warm, it won't take long to clean them through so may be worth a go. If that cures the problem I would add a fuel filter just before the fuel line enters the carb to prevent the jets from blocking in the future.

Hi there.
probably i found the problem ... somebody made new wireing for carb fan and it was working in the time when the ignition (starter?) key was on, but engine without running ... when the engine run, fan was stoped with signal from oil pressure switch ... also fan does not work, when everything was turned of ... stupid ideas ... !!!

at the moment it looks ok - i must do some hard mountines driving to see if is 100% OK...

I checked my pressure gauge and its nearly 30 psi all the time(+/- 10%) ...i red, it should be above 60 psi ... what can be wrong? oil pump, oil pressure sender???

timing of ignition was not changed, but it was next step after rewiring carb fan if it doesnt helps...

system have fuel filter but i will check the carb in the future ...

thanks very much for your help ... :)

ps. does somebody knows where I can buy new carb fan switch for my 1300cc or some of replacement? I prefer new one...

Back